Dismissing safety warning after tx reboot

More
19 Dec 2012 16:15 #4122 by FDR
...continued discussion from RCGroups thread :

FDR wrote: "and probably will work again if you turn the tx back on..." at least if the tx allows you to turn it on with some throttle on...

PB, just an idea: Shouldn't you dismiss the safety warning in case of improper previous shutdown (i.e. reboot)?

PhracturedBlue wrote: Maybe. It isn't all that easy to detect though. Also, you can just press ENT to continue in that case. And I hope to not have any reboots in the 1st place :)

FDR wrote: Yep, but for the time you realize it will be too late...
I've already got a "possible" reboot report with v2.1, detected only by the startup tune of the idle tx...

PhracturedBlue wrote: This isn't the place to discuss it, but properly recovering on a watchdog reboot is very hard. It requires a lot more than just not showing the safety dialog. Even if you can detect the reboot was caused by the watchdog, you don't have access to the original RNG value or timers, so your channel selection and ID may not be the same.

Also, bugs should be reported so that I can try to fix them :)

Enough about Deviation though. There are better places for these discussions.

Roger that! ;)
So we can continue here...

I understand, that some protocols cannot continue after a tx reboot, for example if one always chooses different free channels to transmit.
However as we see in the case of the DSMX, the channel hopping sequence is based only on the manufacturing ID, so it will use the same sequence again, and the rx tries to get back on track too...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2012 17:12 - 19 Dec 2012 17:14 #4124 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Dismissing safety warning after tx reboot
If at Tx starts with any channel/stick (aileron, elevator or rudder) out of center more then 5% (along with high throttle), with high probability it's not normal boot.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2012 17:14 by vlad_vy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds