How to replace the FMOD switch on my DEVO 10 ?

More
01 Jan 2013 07:45 #4458 by N4JC
I know this have nothing to do with Deviation firmware, but I trust this is a place of good source of help on DEVO Tx.

I just dropped my DEVO 10 and broke the arm of the FMOD switch, anyone have experience in replacing this switch?

I figure I have to replace the entire switch, is this switch soldered to a PCB or just wires? Know of a Radio Shack or equ. replacement part number?

I am good at fixing these things, just have not open the Tx up yet and look around.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2013 09:21 - 01 Jan 2013 12:30 #4462 by sbstnp

N4JC wrote: I know this have nothing to do with Deviation firmware, but I trust this is a place of good source of help on DEVO Tx.

I just dropped my DEVO 10 and broke the arm of the FMOD switch, anyone have experience in replacing this switch?

I figure I have to replace the entire switch, is this switch soldered to a PCB or just wires? Know of a Radio Shack or equ. replacement part number?

I am good at fixing these things, just have not open the Tx up yet and look around.

Open up the TX, it's actually pretty easy to replace, and it is plugged on the board and not soldered IIRC.

The only difficult part will be getting hold of a new one. If you cannot source it locally ask nicely at hobbyone.com.hk (they are Walkera).

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 01 Jan 2013 12:30 by sbstnp.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
01 Jan 2013 11:35 #4467 by rbe2012
I have broken my mix switch too 3 months ago. Replacement was quite easy - I bought the cheapest one I could get and soldered the wires from the old one to the new. Opening the tx and mechanical replacement of the switch are no real challenge.
The diameter was not identical so I have a different looking nut (? female screw), but the hole in the tx was usable.
I found the order: www.live-hobby.de , Graupner Umschalter Lang 3-Funktionen # 33001.20 (Graupner switch long arm 3 functions)

More
01 Jan 2013 11:39 #4468 by FDR
I bought replacement switches from HobbyOne for $2 each plus $5 HK post shipping.
You have to contact them by email...

More
01 Jan 2013 17:43 - 02 Jan 2013 05:44 #4482 by N4JC
Thanks for the replies, did some more searches, wowhobbies.com (whom I purchase from regularly) also carry this, but they want too much $ for it, $14 plus shipping.

So this looks to be a SPDT center off switch. It is New Years Day I would think my local Radio Shack might be closed, their web site shows they have something that might work for a few $.

Thanks again for the info, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2013 05:44 by N4JC.

More
01 Jan 2013 21:26 - 02 Jan 2013 03:19 #4485 by N4JC
The FMOD switch is replaced, here are info for future reference.

Radio Shack opens on New Years Day! PN 275-0325, about $4 is a suitable replacement switch. The arm is round not flat and has various colored arm covers!

In the DEVO 10 the switches are connected via wires to cable harnesses.

Remove the 6 Allen screws to remove the backside, remove four cable connections to the PCB that are attached to the backside.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2013 03:19 by N4JC.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds