Deviation Cyclic info

More
12 Jan 2013 19:27 #4948 by JFS737
Deviation Cyclic info was created by JFS737
Hi guys,
Fairly new to CP heli's (V120D02s) and I've downloaded a file from this forum for use on Deviation (DEVO 10). The files is like V120D02SA.
It works great and all, but when I go to look at the "curves" to see what is going on and to adjust my Dual rates for Elev, Aileron I see only (Cylic1, cyclic2...). I cannot tell what is happening and can't change my dual rates. My dual rate switches work but the low rate is very low and the high rate is very high. What I'd like to do is see/adjust the curves or at least be able to bring the low rates up a touch.

Because of the "Cyclic" in the mixer I can't see or adjust anything. I'm not even sure how the heli knows to use Dual rates. Any help for a Transmitter newbie?

Thanks,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2013 19:44 - 12 Jan 2013 19:47 #4949 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Deviation Cyclic info
You might want to read this:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1226-ho...s-on-custom-firmware

You don't need CCPM done on the TX for this heli. The FBL unit does it internally. Attached is a model ini from my V120. Modify it to your needs.

File Attachment:

File Name: v120d02s.ini
File Size:4 KB

FMOD0 is very mellow
FMOD1 is like FMOD0 should have been
FMOD2 is full 3d pitch limits

Config is made for zero pitch at midstick.

If you scroll the Mixer down you'll see virtual channels called Cyclic1,2 etc. There you can adjust settings if there's the need (older flybarred helis with external tail gyro and no central unit).

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jan 2013 19:47 by sbstnp.

More
13 Jan 2013 05:10 #4955 by JFS737
Replied by JFS737 on topic Deviation Cyclic info
Hi SB,
Thanks for the file and info. I'll download it and take a look, hopefully I'll figure out how to change the dual rates and cyclic stuff. I started reading that link too, nice info and it may answer stuff for me.

Regards,
John

More
13 Jan 2013 06:36 - 13 Jan 2013 06:37 #4956 by sbstnp
Dual rates are changed from the Mixer page. You need to go into every channel you want to change, they are not set globally.

Each channel can have 2 or 3 positions for dual rates. On your TX you have ELE DR for example, with Pos0 or Pos1.

Deviation has the rate setting backwards, Pos0 is High-Rates.
My config has Low-Rates for Pos0, because that's more natural to me, so keep this in mind while adjusting.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 13 Jan 2013 06:37 by sbstnp.

More
13 Jan 2013 08:16 #4959 by JFS737
Replied by JFS737 on topic Deviation Cyclic info
OK, I think I got it... something you said earlier. Go to the bottom of the mixer page. I went down, all the way down the list into the virtual channels and FOUND the daggum things. Just trying to change them at Ch 1 (ELE) was fruitless, all I saw was "Cyclic"... couldn't change or see anything.
I did not know that at the very, very bottom of the mixer list was ELE-Cyclic and Ail-Cyclic and so on... all the curves are there, it's all becoming clearer!

Thanks! I do have another question though if you're game?
Down at CH7 is a channel and it's EXPO and DR. It shows 3 settings (Switches using FMOD) and they are all set at 82. I gather this is some way to control the gyro sensitivity? I ask because, on the V120D02s Receiver are 3 pots and one seems to be the ELE/AIL G (Elevator Aileron Gyro gain??). I assumed this was the gain. So.... which one is the gain for the 3 Axis gyro? Sorry to confuse things.

Thanks again,
John

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
13 Jan 2013 10:29 #4963 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Deviation Cyclic info
As far as I have seen on other helis you can only change gyro sensivitiy with the tx. for the rest you will have to use the potentiometers on the rx. They in turn have no influence to gyro.

More
13 Jan 2013 10:41 #4964 by sbstnp
The only GYRO controllable by the TX is the TAIL gyro sensitivity. Set it above 50 for V120, under 50 it goes into rate mode (v1) or undefined(??v2). My experience is kind of rate mode as well on v2.

The pot on the RX for tail controls travel and gain only.

ELE/AIL travel and gains are controllable only from the pots on the RX, but not sensitivities.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds