2801 DSC port (PPM?, other), Rc-Copter & PC Sims

More
13 Jan 2013 04:50 - 17 Jan 2013 04:04 #4954 by wavezz2k

<<Edit, I'm gonna add a few things that have found out, perhaps worth note to Devo users>>

.. the DEVO8 will buddy Tx with older 2401 (etc) Tx, so the Devo8 port (odd that it is), works with the prior models. I've picked up a few things related to this post -
1) Noob stuff on protocols
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-controlled_helicopter

2) Walkera DSC cable mysteries, and filter (capacitor) correction trick for connxn to other interfaces:
www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=131064&page=2

3) Funky mapping of Walkera cable (Devo, and older), and how to tweak it for use on Sims (Phoenix, FSM etc), including putting timing/frame output on 0-scope (winscope), the whole mono vs stereo and not grounded weirdness:
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904041&page=3

( initial post below )

I have a D8s, but am curious about 2801 protocol and DSC port, also when it's used with a Walkera magic cube (and, option, w/ Droid phones).

<<??>> 2801 DSC output protocol (is this PPM?).

2) Protocol <?> 2801 Walkera
? Is the DSC out on Devo8 the same as on the 2801, or has that changed on the newer Tx? <<yes>>

With DeviationTX this is PPM at the DSC port, if selected in firmware?

3) Wish item, <Wanted, related to #2>
I'd like to pipe the Rc-Copter droid APK (a la', Walkera magic cube application) from a Android (not-so)smart phone, into the PC for running sims without using a physcial Tx. This is not not core Deviation -centric topic, but is related due to varied protocols on DEVIATION Tx development.

If MagicCube hardware plugs into both the 2801, and the APK 'out' to the earphone port on a Droid, isn't the Droid output functionally the same (serial, voltage, etc) as the 2801 DSC output port? Is PPM the standard, and stock Walkera 2801 uses proprietary on the DSC (I'm just unclear on this) ? My reason wanting to pipe the RC-copter to a USB PC interface (Walkera 2801 protocol) into a PC flight sim, is so that while travel, you can run a sim using one's droid phone, which (for me), carry everywhere. No Tx, no prob. Turn on your PC, pull out phone. I can't lug around a TX all the time, keyboard commands don't cut it.

Many thnx for any observations or comments, wavezz2k, Kalifornia
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2013 04:04 by wavezz2k. Reason: added new info, web links of sources

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds