noobish questions

More
14 Jan 2013 20:10 #5022 by Scream
noobish questions was created by Scream
Hi!

Thanks to this awesome project I felt confident advancing up to a Cp bird since now I can buy 1 tx (devo10) and not be concerned about which brands of helis I can bind with!!

I have what is probably a dumb question for more advanced pilots but here it goes...

It seems like the big problem with Cp birds vs. Fp is the mixing of throttle and pitch to the same stick... So I was wondering if I could replace one of the dials at the top of the tx for an Xbox 360 analog trigger? I think throttle on an analog trigger would make things simplier for a lot of reasons... Auto throttle hold, precise control of the actual pitch vs speed, and etc...

I guess it's really 2 questions.. will deviation allow me to config that idea and do you more seasoned pilots think this is a good idea? Its seems like the most simplest concept but since I dont see anything like that maybe I'm just too noob to Know any better!

Thanks!

Cheers!
-=S=-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2013 20:22 - 14 Jan 2013 20:23 #5023 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic noobish questions
CP helis are not mixing anything. They are designed to run with a constant headspeed, and the stick controls the pitch only.

Real life that doesnt happen exactly, because of the load. Then headspeed varies from zero pitch to max pitch by various numbers depending on the heli and motor. Still, there is no mixing involved, stick position is applied to 2 different curves, throttle and pitch.

Flying CP helis in normal mode (like a FP) is against their nature :)

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 14 Jan 2013 20:23 by sbstnp.

More
15 Jan 2013 01:51 #5030 by Scream
Replied by Scream on topic noobish questions
Hey sbstnp!

Thanks for the reply!

I guess I'm just over thinking it, my package is still "maturing" in customs and I'm anxious to get my first CP flights in!

I knew there was a good reason why nobody was using seperate throttle, lol!

Cheers!

Cheers!
-=S=-

More
15 Jan 2013 05:06 #5035 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic noobish questions
Not sure if you've seen this yet, but it might contain some info you can use. The pictures are from a devo8, but it's the same idea.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1226-ho...s-on-custom-firmware

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
16 Jan 2013 07:21 #5056 by Scream
Replied by Scream on topic noobish questions
Hey Hexperience!

Thanks for the direction!

I read it, seems like if I'm stubborn enough I could still do it!

I've read so much waiting for mr.postman to bring me my new bird that all this theory is starting to run together, lol!

Let me park my bird into the tv a few times and I'm sure it'll start making more sense :)

I'll probably have a lot more questions by then too!

Cheers!

Cheers!
-=S=-

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds