HiTec HS-5055MG Servos & RX2614V-D Binding Issues

More
25 Jan 2013 16:09 - 25 Jan 2013 16:12 #5506 by gapi
There is an issue with the HiTec HS-5055MG servos with the Walkera RX2614V-D (Devo) will not bind unless the ALE servo is unplugged first. Anyone know a fix for this? From what I know no other Servo brand does this.. With the NON - Devo RX it fine.

Does Deviation ware resolve this?
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 16:12 by gapi. Reason: Title Unclear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2013 16:29 - 25 Jan 2013 16:40 #5508 by FDR
Usually on Walkera receivers the elevator servo plug has a double function to clear the fixed id too.
So if your servo has to little resistance, the rx can think it is the bind plug.

I think it cannot be solved in the tx fw...
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 16:40 by FDR.

More
25 Jan 2013 16:38 #5509 by gapi
I see.

At least you give me something to possibly go after. Which line would need the resistance, the signal?

I have other servos and will see if I can compare resistance between them.

Solving this would mmake a bunch of people happy.

A feature in the TX ware to disable the Aileron signal and assigning it to a switch would be nice too if it worked.

More
25 Jan 2013 16:44 #5510 by FDR
I don't know by head, check your bind plug...

More
25 Jan 2013 16:47 - 25 Jan 2013 22:37 #5511 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic HiTec HS-5055MG Servos & RX2614V-D Binding Issues
Bind plug is signal to ground

Edit: on the larger Walkera RXs and RX controllers/gyro's
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 22:37 by RandMental.

More
25 Jan 2013 16:51 #5512 by vlad_vy
I think may help resistor from servo signal wire to positive (+) wire, maybe 1-5 kOhm.

More
25 Jan 2013 16:54 #5513 by gapi
Thanks, Just got off the phone with Hitec and he says "Never heard of it." and "Whats a Devo?".

Heh! I cannot believe I am the 1st to call. Then he asks me to email it. He also suggested providing a video.

Thanks Again, I am hoping to plant a seed here to get this resolved.

I like the fact I can use a programmer with those servos and this black eye is a hinder.

More
25 Jan 2013 21:11 #5519 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic HiTec HS-5055MG Servos & RX2614V-D Binding Issues

RandMental wrote: Bind plug is signal to ground

I think Walkera bind plugs are signal to + aren't they?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
25 Jan 2013 22:34 #5525 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic HiTec HS-5055MG Servos & RX2614V-D Binding Issues
Hi Hex,

RandMental wrote:Bind plug is signal to ground

Hex: I think Walkera bind plugs are signal to + aren't they?

Yes and no.

The smaller Walkera RX 's like those on the Genius and 120D02's (small white connectors) are signal to +. The larger RX's like the RX2614 for the V400, RX2702 and RX802 are signal to ground (these have the normal black servo connectors)

More
25 Jan 2013 22:38 #5526 by gapi
Thanks Guys. I hope to resolve it. Waiting for the 5055's to arrive and will need to make sure before going to get a resistor.

More
25 Jan 2013 23:05 - 25 Jan 2013 23:13 #5528 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic HiTec HS-5055MG Servos & RX2614V-D Binding Issues

RandMental wrote: Hi Hex,

RandMental wrote:Bind plug is signal to ground

Hex: I think Walkera bind plugs are signal to + aren't they?

Yes and no.

The smaller Walkera RX 's like those on the Genius and 120D02's (small white connectors) are signal to +. The larger RX's like the RX2614 for the V400, RX2702 and RX802 are signal to ground (these have the normal black servo connectors)

The bind plug that came with my rx2703h-d (v450d03) is signal to +. The plug for my rx2618v-d (v200) was the same. I just assumed they were all like that. I bought some rx2702's used and they didn't come with a bind plug.

I hope they have made the RX's able to take it. I'd hate to apply +5v to the signal cable if it's not expecting it.

Looking around, it looks like the newer devo gyros use this type...

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 23:13 by Hexperience.

More
27 Jan 2013 00:36 #5552 by gapi
I took some servo Ω readings to day and it may not be a resistance issue.

Can they be different motor types? Coeless / 3 Pole?

More
27 Jan 2013 07:00 - 27 Jan 2013 07:04 #5557 by vlad_vy
Why all have measured resistance between (+) and (-), it has not any sence. You need to measure resistance (+)-signal and signal-(-), in both directions. From red to yellow(orange) and from yellow(orange) to brown(black).
Last edit: 27 Jan 2013 07:04 by vlad_vy.

More
27 Jan 2013 07:45 #5558 by gapi
OK, but they are not all (+) to (-). They are (+) to Sig and (+) to Ground.

So next I'll get Sig to Ground

Sig to Ground .707 Tower Pro

Sig to Ground 1.809 Fusonic

Sig to Ground .983 5055

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
27 Jan 2013 09:05 #5560 by rbe2012
Normaly an input line (this is what the servo control (=output) line on the rx is when the rx is started so it can read if a bind plug is plugged in...) is controlled by voltage, not by current. When you look at the servo the control line is the input and the rx puts there a digital signal which is switched between ground and + (with a slight difference, but sufficient for the servo to decide if it is + or ground). So what you should measure at the servo is the voltage between signal (orange/yellow/white) and ground when the servo is powered on (without a connection to the control line; pull the metal plug off the servo plug and put it in the rx, then you can measure).
When you see a voltage near ground or + it may be that the input pulls the rx's outpout to this level. You should see a difference between the working and the non working servos.
Try to put a resistor in the range of 5kohm (5000ohm - look at the difference to your values measured) between the control line ane either + when the voltage measured is near ground and between control and ground otherwise. When you measure again, the voltage should be near to the line you connected the resistor to (+/ground) (if not, try some smaller values for the resistor but not less than 1kohm, otherwise the current may burn your rx later). This combination of servo+resistor should now work with your rx (it will not longer regognize a bind plug).

More
27 Jan 2013 15:56 - 27 Jan 2013 16:00 #5576 by gapi
Thanks, I'll be looking into it. It sure would be nice.

Just to be clear, when you say Control line, that is the + or red wire correct.
Signal I get. Ground no problem. Just want to be clear.
Last edit: 27 Jan 2013 16:00 by gapi.

More
27 Jan 2013 16:18 #5577 by gapi
Forgive me for I am not an electrician but am a tech of sorts and need to clarify what I have read and how "I" understood it.

I have a Fluke 27 Multimeter with the fine sharp needle probes so I can touch the areas needed.

In a nut shell, you say:

Isolate or remove the + (Red) wire from the servo connection plug.
Plug the servo into the port.
Power up the RX.

Measure the voltage between the (-)Ground and Signal wire.

Compare the findings with working servos and add a resistor as needed if indeed there is a notable difference.

Please tell me about the resistor install. Would it be like a jumper across what wires?

Thank You For Your Patience!

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
27 Jan 2013 21:34 #5590 by rbe2012
No, I say:
Isolate the control wire (orange/yellow/white). The red (+) and brown/black (ground) are for supplying the servo.
Plug servo in rx and power on, measure between signal (isolated from the rx) and ground).
You will have six cases:
- two for the servo (working as expected or working as a bind plug)
- three for the measured value (ground, + or somewhat in between, then in most cases not constant but slightly drifting)
You can take the value measured at the working servo as a base. When with a non-working it is different, you can try to change this behavior by adding a resistor, in one case between control and ground, in the other between control and +. You can try both - if one works, be lucky...
When you have a bind plug, look at it: which lines are shorted? Control and ground (the left and right pin connected) or control and + (the left and middle pin connected). Try a resistor between control and the not shorted line.
How to mount the resistor: you have many possibilities:
- mount/solder it in the rx (I would not recommend this)
- mount/solder it in the servo (there will be nearly no space, don't do this)
- create a double plug (is this the right word? A line with a plug like the servo's at one end an one like the rx's on the other so you can put it between servo and rx) and put the resistor somewhere in between (this is what I would perhaps do)
- dismantle the servo wires somewhere, solder a resistor and put a shrink tube around (this is also a clean and robust solution; my favorite)
I am no electrician either and I am no natural english speaker so I hope this is not too confusing.
- mount it somewhere at the plug

More
28 Jan 2013 01:24 - 28 Jan 2013 17:38 #5597 by gapi
@ rbe2021 = Thank You,

Don't worry about your English or grammar, I am sure you are better at my language than I am at yours. ;)

You are being most helpful. If we get lucky here, lots of Walkera RX2614V-D/Hitec HS-5055MG users will be happy.

I will be doing as suggested and will get back soon.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 17:38 by gapi. Reason: Correcting possible misinformation

More
28 Jan 2013 01:49 #5598 by gapi
Hi,

I did the testing of three servos. Two that worked and the one that will not allow binding.
The two that allow binding show 0 volts from Ground (-) to control signal wire.
The one that does not allow binding shows 2.15v. !!!

So to be clear - I place/jump a resistor from Ground (-) to Control signal? Start with 5kΩ and if 5kΩ fails work to 1kΩ and hope we are lucky?

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds