HiTec HS-5055MG Servos & RX2614V-D Binding Issues

More
28 Jan 2013 03:45 - 28 Jan 2013 03:48 #5600 by gapi
Perhaps a Diode inline of the signal wire to not allow voltage enter the RX? That way the RX can send its pulses but not see incoming current or volts?
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 03:48 by gapi. Reason: Verbage!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2013 04:43 - 28 Jan 2013 04:46 #5602 by vlad_vy
If bind plug used (+) and (-) pins, then most reliable solution will be detach (+) pin from servo plug, insert (+) to other empty servo plug and connect this plug to unused Rx port. If you have not free Rx ports, you can use Y-connector at any port except AIL.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 04:46 by vlad_vy.

More
28 Jan 2013 04:48 #5603 by gapi
Thanks,

But there is no unused port available. And it looks like the issue is the servo allows 2.15v to the Signal wire @ idle. Whereas other servos have 0v.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
28 Jan 2013 06:54 - 28 Jan 2013 06:55 #5606 by rbe2012

gapi wrote: In the mean time, my Bind plugs are for middle and Ground. See pic.

If the bind plug would shorten + and ground nothing would work (because there were no voltage at all - you would certainly see something burning on the way from your lipo through the rx through the bind plug and back). I think you labeled it in the wrong direction and it shortens + (middle) and control, not ground.
This means that the rx recognizes binding when the voltage at the control line is higher than a certain threshold. 2.15V is often recognized as a logical "1". We have lo lower this voltage without disturbing the normal communication between rx and servo. You could do this with a resistor between the control line and the ground line.
The diode can work (anode to the rx, but do not mount it in the rx, otherwise the bind plug will never work), but lowers the voltage at the control line by about 0.7V - should not be too much for the servo to get it into trouble. I personally would go to the resistor.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 06:55 by rbe2012.

More
28 Jan 2013 17:12 #5629 by gapi
Thanks, What resistor rating would you start with, the 5Ω?

• rbe2012
More
28 Jan 2013 17:32 #5638 by rbe2012
Please, please do not try it with a resistor of such a little value. I hope you simply mistyped...

The Ohm's law tells us that current, voltage and resistor have a special relationship to each other: R=U/I, where R is the resistor's value, U is the voltage and I is the current.
Let me guess you use a normal BEC in your heli. So the voltage will be 5V. With a 5ohm-resistor you get a current of 1A which is probably more than the rx's output can deliver (remember: it's a voltage controlled signal line, no power output).
With a 5kohm = 5kilo-ohm = 5000 ohm resistor you get a current of 0,001A = 1mA what most outputs can deliver without harm. A 1kohm-resistor results in 5mA current - that's my personal limit when I can not be sure what a line might perform.

So: try a 5kohm (4.7kohm will be the standard value) and make them smaller step by step, but do not go beyond 1kohm.

More
28 Jan 2013 17:36 #5640 by gapi
Thank You,

I will do so in a few hours.

And I may have indeed labeled the picture wrong because I am wrong about it.
I have searched for instructions but cannot find them. I was just going by pictures I found, "Not Good". Glad I did not do it.

I am removing the image from my post for now.

More
28 Jan 2013 20:52 #5671 by gapi

So: try a 5kohm (4.7kohm will be the standard value) and make them smaller step by step, but do not go beyond 1kohm.

You are my hero! :woohoo:

I just placed a temporary termination of a 4.7kΩ - 1/2 Watt resistor between the control & (-) and it binds!

As for my error in the Bind plug, I am still waiting for instructions but other Walkera RX's say to place it on (-) & (+) before power is applied. and then to apply power in another manner. I'm still trying to find the formal instructions. But that does not matter any more.

• rbe2012
More
28 Jan 2013 21:53 #5679 by rbe2012
Great, really great...

More
30 Jan 2013 05:58 #5761 by gapi

• rbe2012
More
30 Jan 2013 06:15 #5762 by rbe2012
This is what I meant with "mount if somewhere at the plug". You have found a really good and good-looking solution.

More
30 Jan 2013 06:39 #5766 by gapi
Thank You,

I owe it to you. Many of us at the RC Groups V400D02 forum are happy about it.

I cannot solder that delicately anyway so I cut the leads at an angle to make them pointed.

Then I took a FLUKE Multimeter Sharp Probe for testing through insulation, its very small and very sharp, and wedged it in between the plug body and the connector's sockets stretch it a just a little.

Then I quickly pushed the tip in with needle nose pliers before the plugs elastic plastic memory closed it back up some.
It is in there at least as tight, if not tighter than the other plug sockets are on the receivers pins.

• rbe2012
More
30 Jan 2013 08:15 #5772 by rbe2012
When it is not soldered or fastened at the plug I nevertheless would recommend to secure it with hot glue or CA to prevent it from being shaken off by vibrations (although vibes will be a challenge for the fbl sensors so it will not shake too much there).

More
30 Jan 2013 14:17 #5791 by gapi
Thanks, I tried haeat shrink but it makes it to kind of between the others. I have hotmelt and will try it.

I see the acronym "CA". What is "CA"?

More
30 Jan 2013 14:29 #5794 by sbstnp

gapi wrote: Thanks, I tried haeat shrink but it makes it to kind of between the others. I have hotmelt and will try it.

I see the acronym "CA". What is "CA"?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

AKA SuperGlue

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds