DeViation vs er9x

More
28 Jan 2013 14:02 #5617 by LeDub
DeViation vs er9x was created by LeDub
I had a Devo8s and was looking at the 9X transmitter because of the possibilities of the er9x firmware. And then I found Deviation and that made very happy. I am wondering how deviation compares to er9x and how the Devo radio's compare to the 9X transmitter?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2013 17:32 #5639 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic DeViation vs er9x
I think the Devo8 quality is much much much better than the 9X...
And deViation is a killer firmware B)

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
28 Jan 2013 18:23 - 28 Jan 2013 18:23 #5647 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic DeViation vs er9x

LeDub wrote: I had a Devo8s and was looking at the 9X transmitter because of the possibilities of the er9x firmware. And then I found Deviation and that made very happy. I am wondering how deviation compares to er9x and how the Devo radio's compare to the 9X transmitter?

Deviation was inspired by er9x IIRC.

Devo 8, 10 and 12 have better gimbals than 9x (quad-bearing). Don't know about lesser TXes like 7E, but I guess they don't.

They must some shortcomings too, but I'm only aware of one, little middle-position bumps on the 2 pots Devo 10 has. Don't know about Devo 12, as I don't own one.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 18:23 by sbstnp.

More
28 Jan 2013 23:47 - 28 Jan 2013 23:54 #5687 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic DeViation vs er9x

LeDub wrote: I had a Devo8s and was looking at the 9X transmitter because of the possibilities of the er9x firmware. And then I found Deviation and that made very happy. I am wondering how deviation compares to er9x and how the Devo radio's compare to the 9X transmitter?

er9x has some features the deviation doesn't (yet) like custom switches where the value of a channel can be compared to another channel (or input). So you can say for example, if throttle is less than 10% lower the landing gear. There is a really cool example of this power in the templates, which they call servo test. It slowly moves one channel up until it reaches 100 then it reverses and slowly goes back down to 0 over and over... all with conditional switches and the mixer.

deviation however the standard mixer now, which resembles the walkera firmware a little bit, and makes learning to program the tx a little more new user friendly.

Also, and a pretty big item, is the fact that deviation has the protocol support built in. Meaning you don't have to install a module to get dsm or any other protocol that uses the same chip.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 23:54 by Hexperience.

More
29 Jan 2013 01:46 #5688 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic DeViation vs er9x
in deviation you should be able to get a conditional switch in the manner you originally describe (lower landing gear if throttle is bleow 10%.
just create a virtual channel which has thr as an input and use a 5-point step curve at 10%.
However, that doesn't mean it is as capable as what er9x can do. I haven't seen the template you describe, but I have no idea how to do something like that with deviation. Possibly a 2 channel feedback loop with slow servo movement, but I'm not sure it will work.

I have a 9x lying around somewhere. I should look more into it i guess.

More
29 Jan 2013 03:00 - 29 Jan 2013 03:43 #5690 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic DeViation vs er9x
Or just load up eepe, the template is in there and the simulator shows it very nicely.

I see what you mean for the 5 point curve. On Vir1 I have a curve -10,+10,+10,+10,+10, thr is source.

On channel 5, I use Vir1 as input with min/max at 100%.

As long as vir1 is below 0 channel 5 is -100, as soon as vir1 goes above 0 channel 5 goes to +100.

Got it...

I played around with the 2 channel feedback loop, but I can't get my head around it right now. Not enough coffee I guess...

I can get a feed back loop going, but the speed doesn't take effect until i break the loop by reversing one of the channels..

Anyway, this can wait until later. It just sparked something when LeDub asked about it.... Please don't let this distract you from the Devo12 :) :) :)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2013 03:43 by Hexperience.

More
29 Jan 2013 04:17 - 29 Jan 2013 04:18 #5692 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic DeViation vs er9x
I'm not sure a feedback loop will even work in deviation to be honest. also, the channel as a switch thing is not that useful because you can't control where the point is on the x-axis other than by using 5,7,9,11,13 point curves. It is quite crude at best.

Anyhow, don't worry it was just a side thought. We have a lot more horsepower available than the er9x does. We should eventually be able to provide all the features they do.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2013 04:18 by PhracturedBlue.

More
29 Jan 2013 05:25 #5695 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic DeViation vs er9x
Actually you can with the offset, and then you can leave the function on 1-to-1...

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds