Receiver telemetry and DSMX question??

More
01 Feb 2013 15:26 #5882 by yellowbird911
Receiver telemetry and DSMX question?? was created by yellowbird911
Been using the Devo12 for a year now and love it. Switched from a Hitec Aurora9 system. One thing that is missed from the Hitec system is the built in receiver voltage telemetry. I know I can buy a telemetry module for this, a module that cost twice as much as the receive but more so it add another device to the plane. Any option for using one of the other brand receivers that includes receiver voltage telemetry. Sorry if this in the wrong place or covered somewhere else but I can seem to find any information.

One other question about using DSMX/DSM2 receivers, is it just using the DSM2 protocol or the new DSMX one.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2013 16:53 - 01 Feb 2013 17:04 #5885 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Receiver telemetry and DSMX question??
Frsky is my current favorite system for TX module and RX. The telemtry is great. At some point in the future, PB will look at incorporating Frsky but it could be some time.... he's a busy man.

Both dsm2 and dsmX are working. However I'm not sure which build you have and what has been officially released. I'm pretty sure dmsX is in the latest experimental build, but if not, I'm sure it will be in the next release.

The thing about Walkera RX's is that they ARE using telemetry on the smaller units. So I can only hope that they will include basic voltage in the next round of RX's. Maybe never, maybe soon...

The other thing that I tell myself, is that while Frsky and some others do have built in telemetry, if you want to add telemetry to a DSMx system, you're going to be paying $50+ for the module. So Walkera is not really out to get us by being the only one doing it that way.

The BONUS part of all this is that with custom firmware it might be possible to use the Walkera telemetry module while using a dsm (or other) RX module. (PLEASE do not quote me on that, I'm just speculating) If that could work, you could for example, use the Walkera telem with a Tarot ZXY with dms satellite...

By the way, $49.99 with free shipping for the Walkera module...
www.rchelicopterselect.com/walkera-ctl01...nsmitter-radios.html

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2013 17:04 by Hexperience.

More
01 Feb 2013 17:55 #5886 by yellowbird911
Replied by yellowbird911 on topic Receiver telemetry and DSMX question??
Thanks for the information. Hopefully Walkera is listening, if they come out with a newer line of receivers that transmitted receiver voltage I would happily replace all of mine. Seems like one of the companies that make all the COMPATIABLE receivers would create one with this feature.
Not sure how much I like the DSSS system since we have had problems with DSM2 at our field, but I have never had a single glitch. At least the DSSS uses three channels, DMSX seems to be a superior system.

More
01 Feb 2013 18:26 #5888 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Receiver telemetry and DSMX question??

Hexperience wrote: The BONUS part of all this is that with custom firmware it might be possible to use the Walkera telemetry module while using a dsm (or other) RX module. (PLEASE do not quote me on that, I'm just speculating) If that could work, you could for example, use the Walkera telem with a Tarot ZXY with dms satellite...

Not likely.
Telemetry packages are synchronized to the normal tx packages, so they can't be on a different protocol...

More
01 Feb 2013 22:22 #5893 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Receiver telemetry and DSMX question??
Yeah, that makes sense. My Walkera telemetry module just came into so I haven't had a chance to play with it.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds