WLToys V959 camera + lights with V911 tx mod on 8s

• stevecox
  • stevecox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Keep swinging
More
04 Feb 2013 17:40 #6009 by stevecox
Hi there, after some googling it seems futile other than the original cheapo tx the V959 comes with. Has anyone had any luck getting the V959 lights & camera working on a Devo modded tx, even on a 9x. I have tried setting all the other channels to switches but none of them get the goods working. After some googling even on a 9x no one has got it right, if you know or seen anyone with it working or any ideas please let me know. It does fly sweet with the 4 channel setup, just no lights & camera action :-(

Adelaide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stevecox
  • Keep swinging
More
09 Feb 2013 06:47 - 09 Feb 2013 06:48 #6159 by stevecox
I may have made a little progress. I bound the V959 tx to a HK-TR6A V2 that has PPM out, into a wireless sim, read the signals in Reflex XTR flight simulator. The tx has mode buttons, here is a pic: img.banggood.com/images/upload/2012/boat/WL_V959_19.jpg
Top left activates video camera, very bottom right photo/snapshot from camera, middle bottom right is for the lights. Using these switches I get the following:
Top left (on top of tx - Video): whilst depressed 110% ELE down
Very bottom right switch (snapshot): whilst depressed 110% ELE down
Middle right bottom switch (light): whilst depressed 110% AIL left
The difference between video and camera may be one or 2 pulses, I cant pick this up with this method. There is noting out of the PPM channels 5 & 6 whatsoever.
Right my question, I have attached my .ini model file, I cant figure how to make a curve/mix to make a 110% pulse from say the GEAR switch on the Devo8s that would simulate what the V959 tx is doing on the lights. Essentially the output state needs to go from: nothing-110%-nothing from the switch state only GEAR-!GEAR staying down without having to flick back up, ie so when switching the switch back up again later it would go through the same state: nothing-110%-nothing something like ___/\___ on the down movement, and repeated on the up movement ... if this makes any sense :-) unless there are any other ideas how to do this. I don't have a V949 but I am guessing the lights function would be very similar to this. I am using Deviation V2.1.1 on a Devo8s

Adelaide
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Feb 2013 06:48 by stevecox. Reason: spelling omission

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
09 Feb 2013 08:31 #6161 by rbe2012
This is what I have seen with my Blade Nano CPx also: in 4-channel-mode Blade uses extreme positions of simple channels to transmit switching informations (in my case dual rate and throttle hold).
With Blade it is not so complicated because it uses throws in the range of +/-60% and -100% for switching. This can be easily achieved with a switch and a constant value. But you need -110%.
E.g. for elevator: you configure a 4th mixer and assign it to a switch (say GEAR1). Choose "replace" for mux, "fixed" for curve, scale to -100% and offset to -10%. This will result in the wanted berhaviour, but on the channel monitor pages you will see only an value of -100%. This is because this is the most extrem value what is shown. If you create a box and CH2 (= ELEV) as source you can see the real value of the resulting -110%.
I modified your ini-file for this.
BTW: a really good idea to use a flight sim for detecting this. I had much trouble with guessing around...
Attachments:

• stevecox
  • Keep swinging
More
09 Feb 2013 10:18 #6163 by stevecox
Great that worked a charm on the Devo8s side got the mix doing what I want, but alas, seems it must be more than a mere pulse to switch the camera or lights. I will fiddle some more & post any successes. I did try varying the 110%->200% in increments on the switch, but nada. I used Mix1 switch and would just flick past that as on the original tx it seems there is only signal on a keypress. But back to fiddling I go ...

Adelaide

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
09 Feb 2013 13:05 #6166 by rbe2012
If you assign the value to MIX1 you can go in a short time from MIX0 (normal flight) over MIX1 (switch something) to MIX2 (normal flight). Maybe they have built in a security feature to not interrupt flight control for too long (elev on -110% will probably be ignored and the last transmitted value is set for the servo, but flying may be limited...) so they transmit the -110% only in one ore a few packets.

More
09 Feb 2013 14:56 #6168 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic WLToys V959 camera + lights with V911 tx mod on 8s
generating a pulse with deviation will be pretty annoying. It probably needs the feedback system that hexperience has been asking for.
rbe's idea is good, but it may need more precise timing than you can get with a switch-flick.
I'll probaly order a 959 since it looks like a cool piece of kit, but getting it from china still means a month of waiting.

• stevecox
  • Keep swinging
More
10 Feb 2013 03:46 #6189 by stevecox
Thanks PB, it seems there is more to it, looking again there is some kind of macro, like full left AIL and full left RUD but reading it like I am I may be missing more, as well as timing. There are other functions on the main board all being activated over 4 channels only so it seems more macro based and timing for each function.
Leave it for last on the to-do-list. It is a cool quad, but the other things you & others are busy with are ranked higher on the cool list :-)
A new stable release for a Devo8 would be cool, I am flying some balsa planes and am weary to try some of the development builds and it seems some great work has been done since the last stable.

Adelaide

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds