Franken Coax

More
11 Feb 2013 00:11 #6236 by DarkWolf
Franken Coax was created by DarkWolf
Ok, so I've got this daft Sky King 8501 sitting around with a dead board on it and got to thinking.. What would it take to install an Orange RX, speed controllers and set up Deviation to handle the coax mixing.

Thoughts?

Or perhaps there is another all-in-one RX board for coax I could drop into it that works with the Devo 8S or Flysky mod.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
11 Feb 2013 15:16 #6254 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Franken Coax
It is not so easy - if you want to have gyro functionality. Without this, you can define two channels based on throttle and setup complex mixers, for the first channel add rudder, for the second add negative rudder.
It might need some experimenting if the rudder curve should be linear or added/subtracted linear or not. Also the height of the heli might be influenced by turning.
My coaxes are too small to put a standard rx into so I can't try...
Or you take a rx from one of the many Walkera coax (old protocol) and fly it with your deViation-Devo. You would have the advantage of builtin gyros mostly.

More
12 Feb 2013 17:01 #6322 by DarkWolf
Replied by DarkWolf on topic Franken Coax
Using one of the pre-existing 3-in-1 RX's was high on my list for the simple fact that a) I won't need speed controllers for the 3 motors.. b) No need for a gyro, though I have one laying around from my LMH (man, I miss that thing).. and c) If it's the old Walkera protocol, no need to wait on me modding the Devo with my Flysky module.

I was considering the Lama 400 guts, but it looks like it's actually a standard RX combined with a gyro/speed controller board.

Anyone else have some input or opinions on which 3-in-1 or pre existing controller to use? Down side on this thing is it's 3.5 channel, so I'd need a tail motor controller as well.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds