Can an 8s and 7e be used together as a trainer?

More
11 Feb 2013 18:42 #6267 by Fishfiend
Thanks sooo much PB and others for this fantastic firmware, I'm using it on a 7e and my new 8s. I can fly helicopters competently, but unfortunately my plank flying sucks big time! I was wondering if I could bind one of my planes with a devo rx and use the 7e as a trainer and the 8s as a master? I realise the limited range of the 7e, but I'm only flying small stuff, and I need a buddy to save me from crashing...would this work and more importantly if it would could anyone help with a guide? Oh I've got deviation on both...the 8s mixing is a bit beyond me at the moment, can't wait for the simple mixer...

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2013 19:15 - 11 Feb 2013 19:18 #6273 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Can an 8s and 7e be used together as a trainer?
deViation can't act as the master yet. There is no PPM input on the trainer port. It can act as the slave when you select PPM as the protocol, but not the other way around yet.

By the way, after you get used to the mixer (the er9x style / "advanced" one) you wont ever want to see a simplified mixer again.

It's not exactly a "how to use the mixer" but my post on setting up FBL heli's does show some of the basics of using the mixer.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1226-ho...s-on-custom-firmware

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2013 19:18 by Hexperience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.027 seconds