Adding a vibration motor to Devo 8S?

More
16 Feb 2013 14:25 #6434 by harmony96
Adding a vibration motor to Devo 8S? was created by harmony96
I sometimes missed a alaram from devo 8s in the field.

Do you think that it is possible to add a vibration motor to devo 8s?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
16 Feb 2013 17:16 - 16 Feb 2013 17:19 #6441 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Adding a vibration motor to Devo 8S?
I looked into my Devo8 again. For the vibration in the Devo7e PD2 is used. This pin is free in the Devo8, but there is no copper line from the cpu pin leading to anywhere you could solder a wire at... I soldered two wires at the pins 82 and 83 (PD2 and PD3) but there is only about 0.2 millimeter (0.01") between them. Was quite hard, even with equipment slightly better than standard...
Using PD2 might do things easier, but every other digital output port should do also. So I have found a row of five solder pads, labeled con5, left of the cpu. The pins are labeled VCC, GND, TMS, TCK and NRESET. The last three seems to belong to an unused debugging port. The last goes to a special pin (would not use this), but TMS and TCK go to gpio pins (PA13, PA14) so I see a good chance to use them as digital outputs and/or inputs.
I soldered some pins in so I can connect something.
I will make some testing with LEDs when I have time next week.
For use with a vibration motor: does anyone know what could be used (one of a mobile phone?) and how it should be connected (one to vcc, the other directly to cpu or a driver in between)?
Last edit: 16 Feb 2013 17:19 by rbe2012.

More
16 Feb 2013 19:22 #6450 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Adding a vibration motor to Devo 8S?
Note that 1 of the 2 pins you found is used for the V911 module. The 2nd will be used for the CC2500 module. So yes the are general I/O but you'll need a custom build to use them for anything other than RF modules.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
16 Feb 2013 22:59 #6472 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Adding a vibration motor to Devo 8S?
I haven't looked at this but it was expectable that you would use them... there will not be so much more additional accessible gpios. Thank you for this hint, maybe we find another way.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds