Simplified Mixer?

More
09 Mar 2013 20:24 - 09 Mar 2013 20:26 #7565 by Lenny970
Simplified Mixer? was created by Lenny970
I recently got a Devo 10 and loaded the Deviation advanced firmware into it. It's been a struggle to understand how it works, but I'm making progress.

I've seen a "standard or simple mixer" mentioned several times. I guess it gives up some programming flexibility to offer a simpler interface for the casual user. I'm starting to think this would suit me better. I use two other high end transmitters for my sailplanes and large helis and have all the programming I need there.

I just picked up the Devo 10 to use with micro helis and maybe some BNF park flyers, so I find the advanced firmware to be more cumbersome than I'd like.

1. Is the simpler firmware available, and where would I find it?

2. Would the advanced firmware currently loaded need to be removed first, or would can they both coexist?

3. Does the simpler firmware still support DSM2 and the other protocols?

Thanks,
Lenny
Last edit: 09 Mar 2013 20:26 by Lenny970.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2013 20:35 #7566 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Simplified Mixer?
It is not yet it the v2.1.1, but already there in the nightly builds.

The fw will contain both interfaces, you can change it on the model config page, however going from advanced to standard you have to reset the config...

Both UI based on the same background, so all the protocols will be available for both.

More
09 Mar 2013 23:43 - 09 Mar 2013 23:52 #7572 by Lenny970
Replied by Lenny970 on topic Simplified Mixer?
OK, great! I'll check it out.

OK, I downloaded the new FW. When I go into Model Setup, there is now an option to choose the Mixer GUI. It is on Advanced by default.

When I try to change it I get a message saying the model needs to be reset for the standard mixer. I selected OK, then went back to the File menu and selected RESET and pressed enter.

When I go back to the Mixer GUI selection menu, it won't let me choose standard and still says I need to reset the model.

What am I doing wrong?

Also -- The little heli icon is now missing from the screen, though I can live without it.

Thanks,
Lenny
Last edit: 09 Mar 2013 23:52 by Lenny970.

More
10 Mar 2013 05:19 #7581 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Simplified Mixer?
You need select Standard -> OK -> then exit from that screen.

More
10 Mar 2013 19:39 - 10 Mar 2013 19:40 #7621 by Lenny970
Thanks for your input. I never got the option to select Standard.

It just says models must be reset, so I reset it. When I go back again to try to select Standard, it still says it needs to be reset. I also tried it with an unused model memory and had the same result.

Thanks,
Lenny
Last edit: 10 Mar 2013 19:40 by Lenny970.

More
10 Mar 2013 20:10 #7622 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Simplified Mixer?
It resets for you if you click on OK.
If you reset it again after that, it will be set back to the default, which is the advanced ui...

More
10 Mar 2013 20:46 #7624 by Lenny970
Thanks FDR. It's still not working for me though.

I click on OK and the Mixer GUI field still says Advanced. It did indeed reset the programming for this model, but it is using the Advanced firmware in the Mixer menu.

Still missing the model icons too.

When I downloaded the Nightly build FW, I didn't download a new FS file. Would I need to do that again too?

Thanks,
Lenny

More
11 Mar 2013 00:49 #7627 by gapi
Replied by gapi on topic Simplified Mixer?
You sound like me not so long ago. I'm going to spell it out for you just incase so please don't be insulted.

OK... If the following fails I suggest you re-flash and try again because you may have balled it up.

Flash the FW.
Go into USB mode and Quick Format the drive for it.
Unzip the file system and copy the file system folders to the drive.
Leave USB mode and get back to the modle setup screen.

When you get to the Advanced option and hit the R button it will tell you it needs reset for standard mixer.
Hit the Up button to move to the OK.
Hit the ENT to select it and it will return to the Model setup screen highlighted on Standard. STOP Right THERE.

Now hit the EXT button. You will land in the Standard mixer.

More
11 Mar 2013 03:25 - 11 Mar 2013 03:25 #7630 by Lenny970
WoooHooo! Thanks Gapi!

No offense taken, I appreciate the detailed instructions.

Apparently something wasn't loaded right when I first downloaded it. I Loaded the firmware from 3/10/13 Nightly builds, and also the FS file after deleting what was already installed in my transmitter.

It seems to work now, just as it should. :)

I'm out of time tonight, but look forward to setting a model up in it tomorrow.

Thanks again!!

Lenny
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 03:25 by Lenny970.

More
12 Mar 2013 01:57 #7648 by Lenny970
OK, I like the standard mixer a lot! Very easy to set up a simple program, and I like the flexibility to customize the main screen.

I ran into a minor snag though. Tried to use Phoenix sim and it's not working now. It seems that there is no option for PPM output.

After a little digging I figured out that it's missing because the standard mixer FW was taken from a nightly build. I assume that when it's released as an official version it will have PPM again.

Thanks,
Lenny

More
12 Mar 2013 03:58 #7651 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Simplified Mixer?
Try next night build, it should be fixed.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds