RX Question

More
13 Mar 2013 18:18 #7698 by koonce0313
RX Question was created by koonce0313
Hey Guys! I have a Cessna 182 with Orange RX, Devo 10 using Deviation. I have used the Model ini for the Vapor that another member posted. It works great. I have Throttle, Elevator, Rudder, and Ailerons. The Cessna 182 has Nav lights in it. They are connected to the AUX1. My question is....How to setup up in deviation for the Nav Lights to be turned off and on? Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm not sure if it is as simple as setting that channel to off? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2013 18:32 #7699 by ColdFire
Replied by ColdFire on topic RX Question
I guess it depends on what kind of the signal the Nav light is supposed to see.
if the same as the servo interface, it would be pretty easy, just use a switch to set output to -100 and +100. if the light is driven by constant level (high/low, 0v/5v ...) then I can not think of any easy way to do it.

koonce0313 wrote: Hey Guys! I have a Cessna 182 with Orange RX, Devo 10 using Deviation. I have used the Model ini for the Vapor that another member posted. It works great. I have Throttle, Elevator, Rudder, and Ailerons. The Cessna 182 has Nav lights in it. They are connected to the AUX1. My question is....How to setup up in deviation for the Nav Lights to be turned off and on? Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm not sure if it is as simple as setting that channel to off? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

More
13 Mar 2013 18:36 #7700 by ColdFire
Replied by ColdFire on topic RX Question
I believe the channel mapping for OrangeRx is:

1 Throttle
2 Ailerons
3 Elevator
4 Rudder
5 Gear
6 Aux1

correct me if anyone found it wrong.

More
13 Mar 2013 18:38 #7701 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic RX Question
Then it should be as simple as setting the Ch6 to a simple mixer with the switch you want to use as the source...

More
13 Mar 2013 18:43 #7702 by koonce0313
Replied by koonce0313 on topic RX Question
That layout for the OrangeRx is correct. I can have the lights on Channel 5 or 6 (works on both). I will try setting a simple mixer on Ch6. Thanks for the help. I will reply with success or failure.

More
14 Mar 2013 02:17 - 14 Mar 2013 02:18 #7729 by koonce0313
I plugged the Nav Lights into the Gear and Aux1 ports on the RX. Set Devo 10 to Both channels Source was GEAR. Simple Mixer Zero/Max. no luck so far. Would be really neat to get this working. Anyone else have any ideas. Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 02:18 by koonce0313.

More
14 Mar 2013 03:24 - 14 Mar 2013 03:24 #7730 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic RX Question
Maybe try Linear? It might be wanting -100 and 100 but you are limiting it to 0 and 100?

Does GEAR have a GEAR0 and GEAR1? (I don't have a devo10, devo7E doesn't list gear) Maybe could try dual rate mixer, source=GEAR0, Fixed=-100, then switch=GEAR1, Fixed=100? I have no idea if that method works or if I'm way off.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 03:24 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
14 Mar 2013 05:25 #7734 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic RX Question

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: Does GEAR have a GEAR0 and GEAR1?

Actually after reading a few other places, it's lead me to question my "understanding" (or lack thereof) of the switch names/methods; I assumed FMOD0 and FMOD1 essentially meant FMOD off (binary 0) and on (binary 1), but now I'm wondering if it's seen as two switches, as in FMOD0 is either on or off, and FMOD1 is on or off?
Do I have the wrong end of the stick? Both physical switches on the 7E are listed in the emu with 0 and 1 values (HOLD0, HOLD1, FMOD0, FMOD1) so I just assumed they were the on and off states, but now I'm unsure. In the EMU, if I try to select them as sources they show up as separate entities, ie., FMOD0 and FMOD1, rather than simply FMOD?

More
14 Mar 2013 05:34 #7735 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic RX Question
It is to support the 3 state switches of the DEVO 12 (and possible future transmitters).

For example a previous 2 state GEAR is equivalent of the current GEAR0, while the inverted !GEAR becomes the GEAR1.
They are exclusive, so when GEAR0 is true, the GEAR1, 2, etc will be false.

More
14 Mar 2013 08:02 #7739 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic RX Question
i believe simply just plugging the lights in to the rx won't work..over on RCG in the Quad forum they mentioned using a cheap brushed esc ..plug it into the channel you have the switch set to and when it receives a signal it will power the lights.of coarse it needs to be hooked to the battery as well...some used the rotary knob on there tx to control the lights and had the ability to dim and brighten them simply by rotating the channel knob..

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
14 Mar 2013 08:15 - 14 Mar 2013 08:20 #7740 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic RX Question

magic_marty wrote: ...using a cheap brushed esc...

A esc for brushed motors controls the output "energy" with a pulse width signal (switches on and off many times per second so that the resulting energy is equivalent to the wanted voltage). The output will be 0V when the channel gets -100% and the maximum voltage when the channel is +100%.
To make use of this take channel 6 (aux1), place the esc there. In deviation you create a simple mixer with the wanted switch as input and you are ready.

EDIT: just saw you are using Devo10:

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 08:20 by rbe2012.

More
14 Mar 2013 13:34 #7746 by koonce0313
Thanks for the help. I will try this when i get home tonight and post results.

More
15 Mar 2013 13:06 #7787 by koonce0313
I tried changing to all the different options expo/linear...etc. Nothing worked. I guess I will have to get another ESC to try the other solution but at this point I think I will just leave it like it is for now. Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds