100 size heli for aerobatics not 3d, Devo8s(V911)

• stevecox
  • stevecox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Keep swinging
More
30 Mar 2013 18:51 #8308 by stevecox
Hi all, there are so many to choose from nowadays ... Whats the best 100 size (240mm rotor dia) size heli to go for compatible with a V911 modded Devo8s. I have a HiSky FBL100 I use with the external HT8 but its tired now and I need to get another. I dont do 3D, I do do some aerobatic, loops, rolls things and mostly outdoors in some wind. Inevitably I hit the ground from time to time, the HiSky FBL100 has proven to be quite robust but a pain its not directly supported. Whats the best to go for thats, robust, compatible and aerobatic though not necessarily 3D and good outdoors in a bit of wind?

Adelaide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2013 21:39 - 30 Mar 2013 21:42 #8312 by DarkWolf
For the price, a BNF V911 can't be beat.. But since you're looking for a CP heli, myself, I'd been about going with a Genius CP. Alot of people rave out the Blade MCPX v2. The 130X as well seems popular..

Now if you can put them into the ground or walls like a V911 and just chuck it back level on the ground and fly again, not sure. Anyone else with two cents? I'd like one I can basically kick across the room with my boot and fly it right after, too. :D
Last edit: 30 Mar 2013 21:42 by DarkWolf.

More
30 Mar 2013 21:49 - 30 Mar 2013 21:51 #8314 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic 100 size heli for aerobatics not 3d, Devo8s(V911)
Hi Steve,

I have a Walkera Genius and a V120D02s V2 both on the Devo 8 protocol. Both are good fliers and the Genius has taken a lot of beating while I started until I learned how to tame it. Now its my favourite to learn coordinated turns. However even Pta's mild winds this afternoon was almost to much for it. Indoors it is great.

The V120 handles wind much better and with a slipper clutch on the tail is as robust as the Genius. As you may know there are no worthwhile Walkera agents locally, so all parts comes in from HK.

I don't have other sub 120 experience, only with those Walkeras.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2013 21:51 by RandMental.

• stevecox
  • stevecox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Keep swinging
More
31 Mar 2013 04:52 #8321 by stevecox
Darkwolf I know exactly what you mean, got 2 V911's one with a metal upgrade kit. Randmetal, thanks that helps, I hadn't paid too much attention to the slipper clutch on the V120D02S rear. I favored it but it had been bugging me about bending shafts n things on such a small heli. I also like the fact its brushless and having the telemetry, seems like a good deal. Some people elsewhere have mentioned stripping servo's, should I get some spare or alternately what spares you recommend i get at the same time.

Adelaide

More
31 Mar 2013 07:02 #8329 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic 100 size heli for aerobatics not 3d, Devo8s(V911)
The Super CP is like a cross between the Mini and the Genius (Mini layout, Genius motor), and half the price. The servos have proven themselves to be quite durable judging from various threads, and dispite initial concerns they can be had very cheap from some places, approx. $5 if you look around.
I've crashed innumerable times, usually mid-loop, and almost always it's a case of picking up, dusting off, a quick check, and hand-launch. The RX orientation also seems more durable than the Genius.
To me it handles wind quite well considering the size, in the RCG thread there's vid of a pommie guy microrcfiend doing inverted tail-first circuits in strong wind.

The Skyartec Wasp Nano CP is dirt cheap and looks interesting for that fact (seems similar to the Super CP), but PB is still working on the protocols.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds