How to bind with V120D02S

More
31 Mar 2013 19:24 #8343 by Spyro37
How to bind with V120D02S was created by Spyro37
Hi guys, it's been a while since I have used my Devo8S and flown the V120.
I have the Deviation FW on my 8S and loaded a V120 model file from here.

I have forgotten on how to bind, since it's been too long ago since I have touched both.

I found a binding plug in my box, do I need to use it?
Could someone please post on how to bind my Tx with the V120.

I tried clicking the "BIND" on the Devo screen but nothing is happening.

Thanks,
- Spyro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2013 20:01 #8344 by 944storm
Replied by 944storm on topic How to bind with V120D02S
Get your TX to the screen that you can click "bind", plug the battery into the heli and click bind. If that doesn't do it then you may have a fixed ID. At that point use your V120 manual and bind plug to reset the RX. Good luck.

More
31 Mar 2013 21:25 - 04 Jan 2014 02:41 #8346 by Spyro37
Replied by Spyro37 on topic How to bind with V120D02S
OK,& thanks.
It's working now.
It was quite a bit of procedure.
- I had insert the binding plug to the ELEV channel (to cancel FIX ID) and connect power
- Disconnect power & remove bind plug.
- DELETE all the numbers on the TX's fix ID (leave it blank)
- Plug the Heli's power
- Then, it will automatically bind
- After it binds, I can now assign a 6 digit ID at this point.
- Unplug the heli, turn off then turn on Tx, and plug lipo back.

Thanks again
Last edit: 04 Jan 2014 02:41 by Spyro37.

More
31 Mar 2013 23:15 #8347 by DarkWolf
Replied by DarkWolf on topic How to bind with V120D02S
That IS a procedure.. Thanks for outlining it. Most people just say "Fixed it!" and disappear, never to be heard from again.

Always helpful to find out how things are fixed.

More
01 Apr 2013 00:11 #8351 by Spyro37
Yes, I tried to make it a step by step instructions so that next time I have to do it again, I can go back to this forum & refer to my own post, LOL :)

Two months ago, I asked the same question, but the response was not very clear to me. www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...1357-binding-devo-8s

- Spyro

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
01 Apr 2013 08:29 #8354 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic How to bind with V120D02S
Spyro37,

in the referenced thread you told us that everything is fine so nobody could assume that it is not...
I always wonder how much people get their answers here. I think also if they ask again and again we give more information or describe them another way because we know that the language barrier can confuse additionally.
Especially this binding procedure has been written down some times, I think. And if you compare it to the procedure you would have to use with the original firmware you will see that they are quite similar.

I feel a little bit being treated unfair when you allege that the forums people are now willing to help everybody...

There is a call for recommendations for the docu of the coming version 3.0. Perhaps you should send PB your procedure to integrate it?

More
03 Apr 2013 05:12 - 03 Apr 2013 05:16 #8438 by Spyro37
No offense.
Like I mentioned, it's for my own benefit as well so I posted it in case I won't remember, and for others that may ask in the future. Binding these kind of receivers once a year, is hard for me to remember.
I do appreciate help from everyone that tries to help, regardless it worked or not.
I usually use youtube and google for any question I got, before I ask.
You may be correct regarding the similarity of the binding procedure. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong, Since I have 2 of the V120D02S (3axis and 6axis gyro Rx which are not the same) I was able to bind the 6axis easily but had problem binding the 3axis Rx. And as suggested by 944storm, use the V120D02S manual, which I did. Then, was able to bind it (3axis Rx) easily with the DEVO8S/DeViation FW. Obviously, it's because of the "FIX ID" on the RX as suspected by 944storm.
Your help is much appreciated as well.
- Spyro
Last edit: 03 Apr 2013 05:16 by Spyro37.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds