AUX4/5 Is it possible?

More
01 Apr 2013 20:50 #8405 by Scream
AUX4/5 Is it possible? was created by Scream
Happy Easter Everyone!

I haven been trying to use the Aux knobs on my DEVO10 for setting the max rates or expo values without any success using the complex advanced mixer.

I was able to get my gyro set to Aux4, which works great since the gyro value is a fixed output on the miniCP, and the humble devo10 screen can show you the output value of channel 7, so full functionality!

Using the tail rate as example, I was hoping to be able to dial it down with aux5 and still have the stick control the actual output like normal, but can only get it to work if the knob outputs the value instead of the stick.

Aux5 will act as a switch but not as a knob relative to its position & Devo crashes every time I tried to set the knob as default and the stick as the modifier :(

Am I totally misunderstanding something or just trying to do the impossible?

Thanks!
-=S=-

Cheers!
-=S=-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2013 06:16 #8418 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
In the mixer page (Simple, Exp/DR or Complex), for the channel you want( Ch5 for ex.) set AUXn as the SOURCE, setup your curve, offset... and it will works like a charm..
I use the AUX4 on my HeliCommand FBL to set the Cyclic gain.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
02 Apr 2013 12:30 #8425 by Scream
Replied by Scream on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
Hi Domcars0!

Thanks for the suggestion!

IF I set aux5 as the SRC for Channel 4 (RUD) I Can turn the knob and the values change accordingly, but the left stick no longer controls the rudder, the AUX5 does!

I was able to have the aux5 behave like a switch for D/r without affecting the stick, but I was hoping to make it work like a knob so that the values were relative to the knob and not fixed like a standard d/r switch.

Any other ideas how to achieve this?

Thanks!
-=S=-

Cheers!
-=S=-

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
02 Apr 2013 12:39 #8426 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
Have you tried to use a complex mixer and "add" as operation (instead of the usual "replace")? So you can take AUX5 for input at the first page and on the second RUD and add them (perhaps with intelligent chosen scale values...).

More
02 Apr 2013 12:44 #8427 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
You can't change the expo with an input, however you can change the rate with the knob:

- add a second complex page with AUX5 as the source;
- change mux to multiply;
- change the function so it would be a straight line from some 50% to 100%, for example use function 1-to-1 with scale=25 and offset=75.

More
02 Apr 2013 12:54 #8428 by Scream
Replied by Scream on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
Thank you Gentlemen! :cheer:

It works! I can reduce the rate with the knob, and this means my D/r switch can now be exclusively used for the expo! :)

Thanks again!

-=S=-

Cheers!
-=S=-

More
14 Dec 2013 20:29 #16633 by rudygon
Replied by rudygon on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
im using devo10 with a DJI phantom and devo rx1202. i just installed a zenmuse gimbal. can anyone please direct me on how to set up aux4 knob to control the angle of the gimbal?
trying to figure it out but no luck yet. i have the x1 gimbal control on the naza connected to aux4 on the receiver. is that it or is there more to it.

thanks for any help

More
14 Dec 2013 20:37 #16634 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
A simple mixer on that channel with 1-to-1 function and the AUX4 as the source will do...

More
15 Dec 2013 00:55 #16647 by rudygon
Replied by rudygon on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
Awesome, thanks for that. Just did and it's working now.
It was on ch9

More
28 Jul 2020 16:01 #76628 by antiguatech
Replied by antiguatech on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
I have a Lemon RX Plus 7ch Stabilizer and want to setup the gain control in either Aux 4 or 5 (wheel) of the transmitter. What are the mixer settings you'all recommend for this gain control to function properly. I read Lemox RX instruction and it says the receiver will assign gains to channel 8 by default.

More
31 Jul 2020 06:31 #76644 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?
Why not create a simple mix on channel 8 an use either Aux 4 or 5 as the switch? A slider is simply a linear switch Vs a toggle which is a binary one. They will both change values from -100 to +100

More
01 Sep 2020 13:20 - 07 Dec 2020 21:59 #76744 by Antrume
Replied by Antrume on topic AUX4/5 Is it possible?

propnut wrote: Why not create a simple mix on channel 8 an use either Aux 4 or 5 as the switch? clickandbuild.com/does-dbol-increase-appetite/ A slider is simply a linear switch Vs a toggle which is a binary one. They will both change values from -100 to +100

thanks, will try and see how it works. if interested will come with an update.
if anything, can i ask some other questions? thanks
Last edit: 07 Dec 2020 21:59 by Antrume. Reason: grammar

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds