Flysky FS-TM002 module in Devo 12S

More
13 Apr 2013 00:45 #8909 by flythk
Flysky FS-TM002 module in Devo 12S was created by flythk
Hi Everyone,

I want to install the module pcb I removed from a spare FS-TM002 module I had laying around into my new Devo 12S.

This is a module that fits into the Turnigy/Flysky/Eurgle 9X and has a nice antenna built in, picture attached below.

The case contains two pcbs that are connected via a header. There is a 7805 style voltage regulator to supply 5V to the actual TX module. After removing the TX module, the names of the pins are somewhat readable.

Before I hack into my brand new $400 radio, I have a few questions that I hope someone here can answer. I'd be happy to put a detailed tutorial up once I know what exactly to do...

1. The Devo 12S has a 1S battery and the FLysky module seems to need 5V. I plan to use the following 1S voltage booster to get the required 5V:
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__1178...Rx_1S_to_5v_1A_.html
Any reason this wouldn't work?

2. I hope that all this module needs to operate is : Ground, +5V, PPM, so 3 wires. Is that correct?

3. I think a bind switch should work if it is attached between SW and GND? Otherwise, does the deviation firmware support binding through the GUI like it does for DSM2?

4. Does the Devo 12S have the same module as the 8S and are the pins that need to be tapped for the Flysky module easy to identify?

5. I hope that, once connected correctly, the Flysky module should only transmit when it "sees" a Flysky protocol modulated PPM input, so no switch should be needed. Has anyone tried or tested this?

Thanks a lot for any input on this, can't wait to sell my DX6i and DX8 once this is up and working...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2013 00:53 #8910 by SadSack
Replied by SadSack on topic Flysky FS-TM002 module in Devo 12S
Is it worth taking shield off to see if it really wants 5v. I say this simply because every other RF modules appears to run/want 3.3v.
Just a thought.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds