Connecting dragonlink tx to 8s?

More
16 Aug 2014 00:32 #25213 by dawsonmobley
Connecting dragonlink tx to 8s? was created by dawsonmobley
I finally got a long range system for my fpv quad. It's the dragonlink v2 and it came with a connector that is for spektrum radios (looks like a mono headphone jack but when I buddy box I use a stero headphone connector)...Anyone know if it will work with the devo8s? If not, then what do I need?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2014 11:45 #25216 by TomPeer
Replied by TomPeer on topic Connecting dragonlink tx to 8s?
Hello,

I have a Devo 10 and a Devo 12, both came with a mono jack plug, and they work fine.
I guess the devo 8s is the same, then your mono plug should work.

More
10 Sep 2014 02:15 #25596 by dawsonmobley
Replied by dawsonmobley on topic Connecting dragonlink tx to 8s?

TomPeer wrote: Hello,

I have a Devo 10 and a Devo 12, both came with a mono jack plug, and they work fine.

Thanks for the reply!

I am finally sitting down and trying to get this V2 dragonlink working with my 8s but I'm stuck on the first step.

I set the protocol to ppm on the 8s and plugged in the dragonlink. It is supposed to show a green led if it is receiving a ppm signal from the 8s but it's just going red.
Is there some other step I am missing to get them talking? Any other settings that need to be changed in the 8s maybe?

Any help or tips you can tell me specific to getting it working with an 8s would be very help full?

thanks!

More
10 Sep 2014 03:38 - 10 Sep 2014 03:40 #25597 by dawsonmobley
I've been searching around trying to find out what I'm doing wrong and I found this quote from Phracturedblue (back in 2012) regarding connecting dragonlink to a devo tx.

PhracturedBlue;22982342 wrote: Probably.
The PPM out connector only has Rx, Tx, and Gnd. You also need a Vdd connection. so you'd need to connect a wire from a supply on the Tx to the dragon module. you could either get a replacement connector, and unplug the 3-pin audio jack, and replace it with a new port, or you could use an audio cable to get at the PPM signal.
At that point you should be able to drive the DL module by putting the Tx in 'PPM' mode. Note that this will turn off the radio, which should be ok.

link to thread page

So based on what he says there the devo tx's actually use a stereo jack as opposed to mono? So maybe the mono jack that came with my dragonlink is not hitting the contact in the jack that carries the ppm signal? But you said your's worked on a 10 and 12s with no mods so I'm confused.

I opened up my 8s and the trainer jack actually has 4 wires going to it and I don't know what each one does or which is the ppm signal I need to connect to my dragonlink? The wires are labeled but none were labeled ppm.
Last edit: 10 Sep 2014 03:40 by dawsonmobley.

More
10 Sep 2014 21:08 #25607 by dawsonmobley

dawsonmobley wrote:

TomPeer wrote: Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

I am finally sitting down and trying to get this V2 dragonlink working with my 8s but I'm stuck on the first step.

I set the protocol to ppm on the 8s and plugged in the dragonlink. It is supposed to show a green led if it is receiving a ppm signal from the 8s but it's just going red.
Is there some other step I am missing to get them talking? Any other settings that need to be changed in the 8s maybe?

Any help or tips you can tell me specific to getting it working with an 8s would be very help full?

thanks!

I got it working....used a new default model and now the dl sees the ppm from the 8s so it was plug and play, must have had something setup wrong on the model memory I was using. On to the next step:)

More
16 Nov 2015 17:30 #40118 by Mick1113
Replied by Mick1113 on topic Connecting dragonlink tx to 8s?
Can you share the procedure you followed?

More
15 Feb 2016 15:26 - 16 Feb 2016 15:26 #43157 by armincles
Replied by armincles on topic Connecting dragonlink tx to 8s?
I would also like to know how it was done in the end. I have a Devo10 and cant get the trainerport to work with my Dragonlink, which worked before the Deviation upgrade.

Update: got it going, I did not use notepad++,(I used Win editor), that is why the Devo did not respond to my changes!
Im using all ini.files with notepad++.
I now set in MODEL Menu - Model setup the PPM IN to NONE and the protocol from DEVO to PPM and voila it connects like it used to. :woohoo:
Last edit: 16 Feb 2016 15:26 by armincles.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds