Deviated Devo 10 and Binding a Devo rx601 receiver

More
01 Apr 2015 21:26 #30641 by Skysurfer
Hi everyone, :) thanks for the great info. I have another question. I am trying to bind my Devo RX601 Receiver to my Deviated Devo 10. I can't seem to get a solid red light(bind). :( Any help out there?
I also reversed aileron and elevator. B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2015 21:44 #30642 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviated Devo 10 and Binding a Devo rx601 receiver
Are you using fixed ID or autobind?
As I recall the best solution is:
1) with the Tx off, put the binding plug in and power on the Rx, then power down and remove the binding plug. Receiver should now be in autobind mode
2) turn on the transmitter, set protocol = Devo, fixedid = 0, turn off transmitter (tx is now in autobind mode)
3) tun on rx
4) turn on tx
Receiver should now bind in autobind mode

After that is successful, you set a fixed id via:
with Rx and Tx both on, and Rx bound in 'autobind' mode, set a fixed id in the tx and press 'bind.

It has been a while since I've gone through this procedure, so my memory may be fuzzy. If the above is wrong, I'm sure someone will come and correct me.

More
01 Apr 2015 21:59 - 01 Apr 2015 22:01 #30643 by Skysurfer
Thanks so much for the awesomely quick reply and I am honored to be receiving info from "PhracturedBlue" B) thanks for a great piece of firmware my friend. :cheer: I was using auto bind since my bind plug is in Michigan and I am in Florida today (vacation). Can it bind without the above process or am I out of luck? also where on the receiver would I put the bind plug?
Thanks again.
Ray
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 22:01 by Skysurfer.

More
02 Apr 2015 01:02 #30656 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviated Devo 10 and Binding a Devo rx601 receiver
You can place the bind plug in any of the servo ports between the outer 2 pins. anypiece of wire will do. you need the outer pins shorted while applying power to the Rx. The bind plug is only used to unbind the receiver. if you aresure the receiver has never been bound to a fixed id, then it isn't necessary, but if you are having issues binding, it is the easiest way to ensure the Rx is in the proper state.

More
03 Apr 2015 16:30 #30753 by Skysurfer
Thanks so much, the receiver was never bound, I finally got it to bind, thanks!

More
30 Oct 2016 23:05 #55534 by steadfast4life
Replied by steadfast4life on topic Deviated Devo 10 and Binding a Devo rx601 receiver
Im sure this thread is old but still working. Thanks, just used it to bind!

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds