FAILSAFE devo 10 and S603 RX

More
10 Jul 2015 03:25 - 10 Jul 2015 03:32 #35292 by liliass
FAILSAFE devo 10 and S603 RX was created by liliass
I got failsafe issue with my DEVO 10 flashed with DeviationTX connect with DSMX to my S603 RX.

This is what i did for failsafe.

REMOVE ALL PROP
1. Connect your PC to your Cleanflight, Click on MOTOR tab
2. Plug in the Battery
3. ARM your quad
4. give some throttle.
5. turn off controller.

from the MOTOR it shows that the motor #2 is running all full throttle and MOTOR 1,3,4 are somewhere 40-50% throttle.
I set my throttle failsafe are -110% in my controller. y does it act so weird ?

My setup:
Naze32 1.9.1 BETA
DYS BL20A 14.0
Walkera Devo 10 Flashed with DeviationTX 4.0.1
STORM S603 receiver
In my MIXER > THR > FAILSAFE -110

(sorry for my english, i'm asian)
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jul 2015 03:32 by liliass.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2015 04:09 - 10 Jul 2015 17:22 #35293 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic FAILSAFE devo 10 and S603 RX
Setting FS in your TX does nothing, cleanflight failsafe works great, you need to set it up. Dont think for a second that setting that in your TX is going to save you, not sure what that is but if you loose radio connection how is a setting in your radio going to help?!

In cleanfligt CLI:
Enable FS with this line-
FEATURE failsafe
then set it up with these (1 = .1sec, these are my values, you need to set FS_throttle at a level approprate for your model's weight / power and the altitude you fly at)
set failsafe_delay = 10 (1sec of signal loss will trigger failsafe)
set failsafe_off_delay = 100 (failsafe runs for 10 sec)
set failsafe_throttle = 1200 (failsafe throttle value is 1200uSec)

Note only the bolded text are the commands you send, the part in the ( )'s are my description of what that line is doing.

After than you can play with the values, note only FS throttle is in the GUI, the rest of it must be set in the CLI.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 10 Jul 2015 17:22 by Cereal_Killer.

More
10 Jul 2015 08:44 - 10 Jul 2015 08:46 #35300 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic FAILSAFE devo 10 and S603 RX
In most cases -110% throttle setting makes no sense for electric motors anyway. Thats for gasser...
The signal should be -100% (=0% for ESC).
Thats the "safe" hold / throttle cut signal.

Not sure why DeviationTX has separate failsafe menus and letting you set concrete failsafe values for each channel.
Probably will not work with DSMx. Do they work with DEVO receivers??

For many Spektrum receivers only THR port has failsafe and other receiver ports have hold last command.
Some receivers (e.g AR8000) will let you set a PREST failsafe value for each channel.
You will need to set this up on binding.

Not sure about the Storm receivers....

So for a 4 motor quad you REALLY have to setup failsafe in the FC as Cereal_Killer described it.
But you should really set DeviationTX safety (throttle cut / hold) value to -100, otherwise the ESC might learn -110 as the lowest (0) value.
I had seen that already with auto learning ESCs...
Last edit: 10 Jul 2015 08:46 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
10 Jul 2015 19:54 #35306 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic FAILSAFE devo 10 and S603 RX

Thomas.Heiss wrote: In most cases -110% throttle setting makes no sense for electric motors anyway. Thats for gasser

Some multirotor flight controllers take a -110% (or thereabouts - some need lower values) throttle as a signal to shut off. Most notably, the blade 200Qx and 350Qx do that. I'm not familiar with the Naze, so don't know what it does.

Not sure why DeviationTX has separate failsafe menus and letting you set concrete failsafe values for each channel.
Probably will not work with DSMx. Do they work with DEVO receivers?

As noted in the manual, it's there "if the protocol supports this feature". And yes, these values are sent from the Tx to the Rx if you use the Devo protocols, though not all Walkera Rx's actually use them.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 Jul 2015 00:08 - 11 Jul 2015 00:14 #35316 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic FAILSAFE devo 10 and S603 RX

Cereal_Killer wrote: Setting FS in your TX does nothing, cleanflight failsafe works great, you need to set it up. Dont think for a second that setting that in your TX is going to save you, not sure what that is but if you loose radio connection how is a setting in your radio going to help?!...........

But not with all receivers.
E.g. my 615X sets the throttle to 1126 in the case of signal loss. This is quite high because my
motors are set to 1070 for lowest spin
That's the reason why I could not activate the failsafe with this rx. Anyway, changed it for a
S603 which is at 960 in the case of failsafe.
If the FC takes over the command, it even pushes the other channels to neutral, which the rx does NOT....
For the time of failsafe_delay they stick at the last input. But I can deal with it.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 11 Jul 2015 00:14 by aMax. Reason: typo

More
11 Jul 2015 00:50 - 11 Jul 2015 00:56 #35317 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic FAILSAFE devo 10 and S603 RX

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Not sure about the Storm receivers....

So for a 4 motor quad you REALLY have to setup failsafe in the FC as Cereal_Killer described it.
But you should really set DeviationTX safety (throttle cut / hold) value to -100, otherwise the ESC might learn -110 as the lowest (0) value.
I had seen that already with auto learning ESCs...

But -100 is not the position where the motors are off, it only prevents the tx to send a throttle command obove that value.
I calibrated the esc via gui and so the lowest command is at -112 and I had to set the hold switch for arm and disarm to -134.
Otherwise i can not reproduce a motorstart at pwm 1070 with my Devo.7e. Keep in mind, you send the throttle position
to the FC, not to the esc.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 11 Jul 2015 00:56 by aMax.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds