setting up devo 7e for the esky HBK2

More
12 Jul 2015 08:22 #35358 by willpc
setting up devo 7e for the esky HBK2 was created by willpc
I recently acquired an esky hbk2, great flyer but I can't stand the stock tx. I was thinking about getting a compatible rx for the devo 7e. According to the supported models list, all esky models are compatible but I can't find a model anywhere. If there isn't one available where would I start with making my own? I'm still familiarizing myself with the deviation software. Also if anyone does have an .ini that would be great. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2015 08:30 - 13 Jul 2015 08:31 #35398 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic setting up devo 7e for the esky HBK2
I think the "all esky models are compatible" bit is only to do with supported protocols, in that they've figure out the eSky 2.4GHz protocol, but you need a nRF24L01 module installed; is your K2 2.4GHz or FM?
Mine was FM (36MHz), I've now got a DSM2 OrangeRX in there (no TX mods required) but at last attempt (not flown yet) my gyro appears to have died, so the attached is possibly workable but not tested in the air.
If you search my started threads you'll see more on this, a recent reply indicated alternate ways to get the channels the way I needed them but I haven't implemented this.

Notes: Using a Devo6s so there'll be some differences in switches etc., you'll likely need to do some adjustments to suit the 7E. Also it's using a fixed ID, so you'll probably want to change that.
Can't remember whether the pitch curves are OK or not, I think at that stage I was just primarily trying to get everything reacting the right way for every interaction, but not sure if I made it all the way or not before being stymied by the gyro.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Jul 2015 08:31 by RoGuE_StreaK.

More
13 Jul 2015 10:15 #35403 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic setting up devo 7e for the esky HBK2
"E-sky All models"

Well, there is not really much information in the supported models document.
See Spektrum for example:
"Blade/Horizon All models CYRF6936 DSM2/DSMX Reportedly does not work with Faze, Pico QX, Scout CX and Red Bull CX."

Is HBK2 a flybar / paddle heli which requires 120 CCPM mixing?

See here for more informations: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...ngs-for-flybar#35089

Thomas

More
13 Jul 2015 23:55 #35416 by willpc
Replied by willpc on topic setting up devo 7e for the esky HBK2
My k2 is 72mhz, if I can install an Rx without any tx mods that would be ideal. I think I'll go on ahead and order a compatible rx and give it a shot. I'll post some updates once I get started. Thanks for the ini! I'll have to check out some of your threads on this matter as well. Let me know how it goes once you get a new gyro if you don't mind.

More
13 Jul 2015 23:57 #35417 by willpc

Thomas.Heiss wrote:

Is HBK2 a flybar / paddle heli which requires 120 CCPM mixing?

Thomas

It is a flybar model. However, I do not know about the ccpm mixing. Thanks for the link by the way.

More
14 Jul 2015 00:16 #35418 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic setting up devo 7e for the esky HBK2
I've got an DSM2 OrangeRX in mine but that was when you could pick them up for $6, now it's a minimum of about $14 for DSMX; they don't do DSM2 anymore for some unknown reason! LemonRX are supposedly quite good and cheap for DSM2 nowadays.

Yes the King2 is 120degree CCPM, but as said elsewhere it's a bit different in that the servos are backwards from the norm.

When I get around to it I'm going to try an arduino nano running MultiWii 2.4, with MPU6050 gyro/accel, initially as purely a tail gyro replacement (much cheaper and theoretically much better), and if that works may as well look at stripping out all of the flybar sections and trying the multiwii as a flybarless controller (in multiwii since 2.3 I believe). I've got the basic setup sitting there ready to try, just been busy making planes instead, and some of those may well get a multiwii stabiliser built-in too (probably before the heli). Nano clones are coming in at about Aus$3.50 (say US$2.60?), MPU6050 boards about Aus$2.50 (say US$1.90?). Just need to find the right USB drivers for the CH340G USB chip, which is quite easy; these replace the FTDI chips which are a lot more expensive and have licensing issues attached.

More
14 Jul 2015 07:37 - 14 Jul 2015 07:39 #35431 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic setting up devo 7e for the esky HBK2
My working Spektrum DSMx telemetry setup: www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...port?start=340#33913

You could also use:
- AR6210 (includes SAT), RX will also work without SAT, but I would use it for diversity
- AR6115e half-range DSMx: was BNF in Blade 450 3D.
- AR610 (dual diversity antennas; power amplifier on longer antenna; not sure for improvements of this RX over AR600, e.g if 2nd antennas is a new B receiver or if packets are added as A (diversity) like AR600)

AR6115e also works with TM1000/TM1100 if you do a sequential (separate) double bind (first RX, then TM).
AR6210+TM will bind together.

Thomas
Last edit: 14 Jul 2015 07:39 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
19 Jul 2015 05:16 #35647 by willpc
Looks like I may hold off on getting a walkera tx for now. Got a sweet deal on an older JR xp7202 with an Rx. However, I still want to try it with the devo since I'm more familiar with it.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds