Please do a combined build of testing protocols

More
26 Jul 2015 04:33 #36007 by T.N.
Would some one please kindly do a combined build of testing protocols e.g. Bayang, FY326, MJX, Hontai, CX-10 Blue etc. and upload?
I'm still struggle building my own platform :(
Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2015 12:31 #36032 by goebish
CX-10 Blue is already in nightly builds.
For the other protocols, drop a message in the corresponding threads if you've tested them successfully, this may speed up the pull requests ;)

More
26 Jul 2015 13:48 #36038 by mwm
The nightly builds are currently broken -details below. I've uploaded my build of the latest stuff if anyone is interested.

The devo7E build exceeded the size of the Devo7E. They are done with the 2014 q4 version of the ARM build chain. I haven't yet updated to that from the q3 version, which still builds the 7e version. I did try the version using gcc 5.0 instead of gcc 4.8, and that was to big for the 7E quite a while ago. PB is aware of the issue. In his shoes, I'd just reinstall the q3 compiler so we got nightly builds while this got sorted out. But I suspect the 7E is about to lose yet more features.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
26 Jul 2015 13:52 #36039 by goebish
Oh right, I'm still on 2014 Q1 (gcc 4.8.3) and I can still build for 7e.

More
28 Jul 2015 00:56 #36204 by T.N.
Thanks guys. These test protocols work fine in my quads hence wanting a combined one for my Devo 7e. No fancy requirements from me, just want to be able to bind and do fast flying :)

More
28 Jul 2015 00:58 #36205 by goebish
I'm about to create a pull request for EAchine H7, MT9912, MT9916.

More
28 Jul 2015 03:14 - 28 Jul 2015 03:47 #36218 by goebish
Wow, we're really on the limits with the 7e, even with an older toolchain.

I merged my MT99xx branch with latest default, then if I name my new protocol "MT99" in protocol.h, I can build for 7e, but if I add only 1 character to this name then it doesn't build anymore because it doesn't fit in ROM !

... and my build doesn't have the Bayang protocol :S
Last edit: 28 Jul 2015 03:47 by goebish.

More
28 Jul 2015 18:14 #36260 by mwm
goebish, I don't see a pull request from you, or one with all the protocols. If you'll create that, I'll upload a test build from it.

More
28 Jul 2015 18:26 #36265 by goebish
I want that someone test the M9916 before creating the request, but you can merge this branch if you want to make a test build:
bitbucket.org/goebish/deviationtx/branch/EAchine_H7

I'll also take care of updating the manual.

More
28 Jul 2015 19:51 #36267 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Please do a combined build of testing protocols
Perhaps removing some icons will free up enough space.

More
29 Jul 2015 00:45 #36282 by mwm
I just did a test build of that, uploaded as M9916.

You might as well create the pull request before testing. If you have to updated it, bitbucket will see the changes once you push them, and update the pull request to match.

Unfortunately, deleting icons won't help. The file system and executable code are in different memory segments.

More
29 Jul 2015 02:15 #36283 by hexfet
I've made a pull request for the Bayang and FY326 protocols. Waiting on MJXq until the txid->rf channel mapping is worked out.

The devo7e build fails with 4_8-2014q3 (32 bytes too big), 4_8-2013q4 (68 bytes), and 4.9.3.2015q2 (232 bytes).

More
29 Jul 2015 11:50 #36299 by mwm
Hexfet, can I talk you into updating the manual for those where when they get merged? And I believe the hontai protocol is yours as well?

More
29 Jul 2015 12:34 #36303 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Please do a combined build of testing protocols
More protocols may need to wait until after the 4.1 release. In my side branch, I have ripped out the ini handler for the 7e builds, and it will probably give us between 4k and 8k to play with. The downside is that you need to do ini conversion on the PC, and since we'll be storing the files as a dump of the structure, you need to read them off, convert them to a new format and re-upload them every time you change the firmware. the Deviation-Uploader will make this transparent (you will still interact with ini files, and won't have additional steps for upgrading), but (a) it is more error prone (a bad write will corrupt your model irrevocably), (b) it is very hard to debug, and (c) it takes a lot longer to install a new firmware. Anyhow, that is all coming after 4.1 is released. For 4.1 it is likely we'll just need to squeeze a little. The code has already been squeezed many times, and I'm running out of fat to trim (it took me 5 minutes to find 4 bytes to remove for the last change).

Note this is not a thread to discuss the merits of my decision to remove ini handling, and I'll probably delete any complaints I see about it here (go start a new thread if you have something constructive to say). I am just giving an update on what can be done about additional protocols short term (not very much).

Alternatively, if we want to wait a bit more for 4.1, it is likely possible to deal with protocols like we do icons, and not hard-code the list into Deviation. Then adding protocols will not change Deviation's size. The downside is that the module code is really hairy, and such an invasive change would likely take a while to debug and get working reliably.

More
29 Jul 2015 17:52 #36312 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Please do a combined build of testing protocols
I just did a commit that should free up about 240 bytes just by aligning some structs properly. It may give you enough room to add new protocols.

More
29 Jul 2015 19:56 #36321 by goebish
Awesome, thanks :)

More
29 Jul 2015 21:30 #36326 by hexfet
Great, thanks. The 7e builds even with 4.9.3 compiler and Bayang, FY326, and MJXq protocols.

I've uploaded test builds with those three protocols for the 7e and 10. Remember only one deviation user on MJXq at a time.

More
29 Jul 2015 21:36 #36327 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Please do a combined build of testing protocols

hexfet wrote: Great, thanks. The 7e builds even with 4.9.3 compiler and Bayang, FY326, and MJXq protocols.

I've uploaded test builds with those three protocols for the 7e and 10. Remember only one deviation user on MJXq at a time.

Where is it ? :)

More
29 Jul 2015 21:59 #36330 by goebish
SeByDocKy can you try the MT99 test build with M9916 so I can create a pull request please ?

More
29 Jul 2015 22:20 #36331 by hexfet

SeByDocKy wrote: Where is it ? :)

Test Builds ;)

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds