Devo F12E Deviation 3 position switch

More
27 Jul 2015 03:21 - 27 Jul 2015 20:02 #36115 by Daos
Hey this is the 3rd edit on this post hahaha I'm getting along with everything right now.

One thing I cannot comprehend is how to configure the 3 way position switch in aux channel, it acts as if it has 2 position only and not 3 how am I supposed to configure it?

Thanks! :)
Last edit: 27 Jul 2015 20:02 by Daos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2015 05:51 #36126 by Daos
Replied by Daos on topic Devo F12E EMU
Now it doesn't binds, I have tried everything :( I'm trying to bind the F12E to a Devo RX802 any ideas?

I have already tried the bind plug, selecting bind on the transmitter and then plug the battery on the quad.

More
27 Jul 2015 15:37 #36159 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo F12E EMU
The EMU files are windows binaries that emulate the transmitters so you can test model configs, etc. on your desktop.

I'm not familiar with the RX802, but Walkera Rx's typically have to have the bind ID cleared in order to move them to a new Tx. The sequence is:
  1. Clear bind ID on Rx (I don't know how to do that)
  2. Set the Tx to ID to None
  3. Power things on (try Tx first, then Rx first)

Once the two are connected, you can set the Bind ID in the Tx and it should reconnect and set the Bind ID in the Rx as well, disabling autobind.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
27 Jul 2015 16:47 - 27 Jul 2015 19:04 #36169 by Daos

mwm wrote: The EMU files are windows binaries that emulate the transmitters so you can test model configs, etc. on your desktop.

I'm not familiar with the RX802, but Walkera Rx's typically have to have the bind ID cleared in order to move them to a new Tx. The sequence is:

1. Clear bind ID on Rx (I don't know how to do that)
  2. Set the Tx to ID to None
  3. Power things on (try Tx first, then Rx first)

Once the two are connected, you can set the Bind ID in the Tx and it should reconnect and set the Bind ID in the Rx as well, disabling autobind.

Great! Thanks a lot man, I deleted the ID on the Tx and it did bind, sounds logical but devention software did had an ID without binding problems, the ID changes when you set the fixed ID only, anyways I should have donde that lol

Now I can't figure out how to setup the aux channels, I have already calibrated the sticks and seem fine, but none of the aux channels gives any input.
Last edit: 27 Jul 2015 19:04 by Daos.

More
27 Jul 2015 20:02 #36185 by Daos
Hey this is the 3rd edit on this post hahaha I'm getting along with everything right now.

One thing I cannot comprehend is how to configure the 3 way position switch in aux channel, it acts as if it has 2 position only and not 3 how am I supposed to configure it?

Thanks! :)

More
27 Jul 2015 22:28 #36191 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo F12E Deviation 3 position switch
3 way switches turn into three on/off sources. MIX# is 100 when the MIX switch is in position #, and -100 otherwise.

The easy way to set up a channel that goes -100/0/100 is just to set three fixed mixers with those values for scale, enabled by the switch positions 0, 1 and 2.

You can save a mix by having one be a min/max curve sourced by a switch channel, say MIX0, which will have a value of 100 (MIX0 on) and -100 (MIX0 off), then a second MIX that's fixed at 0, enabled by MIX1. That way, you get MIX0 -> 100, MIX1 -> 0, MIX2 -> -100.

More
28 Jul 2015 06:42 - 28 Jul 2015 06:44 #36228 by Daos
Replied by Daos on topic Devo F12E Deviation 3 position switch

mwm wrote: 3 way switches turn into three on/off sources. MIX# is 100 when the MIX switch is in position #, and -100 otherwise.

The easy way to set up a channel that goes -100/0/100 is just to set three fixed mixers with those values for scale, enabled by the switch positions 0, 1 and 2.

You can save a mix by having one be a min/max curve sourced by a switch channel, say MIX0, which will have a value of 100 (MIX0 on) and -100 (MIX0 off), then a second MIX that's fixed at 0, enabled by MIX1. That way, you get MIX0 -> 100, MIX1 -> 0, MIX2 -> -100.

Thanks for the info.

I have tried it but I can't seem to find were can I save the fixed value for each MIX I feel like I have tried everything (WIch obviously I didn't)

More info about this would be greatly appreciated :) that's the last thing I need to get deviation up and running on my F12E

I have been looking were to do this for at least 2 hours nonstop I feel so dumb right now haha

Thanks again!
Last edit: 28 Jul 2015 06:44 by Daos.

More
28 Jul 2015 18:01 #36258 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo F12E Deviation 3 position switch
My tutorial on model files ( docs.google.com/document/d/14NhJCKgtMoy9...z3w/edit?usp=sharing ) covers this in more detail than you probably want.

For the obvious 3-way switch, you want to set the mixer typefor the channel you want to output the switch position on to "Complex", and then set three pagers. All the pages will have a mux type of "replace" and a curve type of "fixed". For each page, set the "switch" to the switch position you want to use, and the "scale" to the output value for that position.

More
05 Aug 2015 06:14 #36571 by Daos
Replied by Daos on topic Devo F12E Deviation 3 position switch

mwm wrote: My tutorial on model files ( docs.google.com/document/d/14NhJCKgtMoy9...z3w/edit?usp=sharing ) covers this in more detail than you probably want.

For the obvious 3-way switch, you want to set the mixer typefor the channel you want to output the switch position on to "Complex", and then set three pagers. All the pages will have a mux type of "replace" and a curve type of "fixed". For each page, set the "switch" to the switch position you want to use, and the "scale" to the output value for that position.

Thanks man! I just had the time today to try it out, it tooked me 5 minutes with your explanation, thanks a lot!!!

I'm now using Deviation on my Devo F12E yaaay!

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds