NOT happy

More
01 Aug 2015 19:35 #36449 by niteliter
NOT happy was created by niteliter
After several trys at getting to 4.0.1,with fails,I reloaded a few OES Windows 7,64bit drivers,now I have the 4.0.1 with several pitfalls,
I can get the bind,but only as far as getting the 2 beeps that the V450D03 gave me with the stock firmware,NO cyclic,NO throttle,if I hit Fmod switch,the motor spins up,but nothing else,.I noticed that in order for the channel monitor to show anything,I have to recalibrate the sticks EACH time I power the TX on,I have to redo all the settings.Like its not saving any of the changes I make,it loses them after I shut down.Ready to go back to stock firmware.
And each time I power on the screen tells me "Channel 3 -23 %,Safe Value -100%.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2015 21:05 #36454 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic NOT happy
So where did you get the model config from? And which Rx are you using in your V450D03?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Aug 2015 21:43 - 01 Aug 2015 21:46 #36459 by robocog
Replied by robocog on topic NOT happy
Sorry its not been a smooth ride so far- I'm sure it can work, but there is a bit of a learning curve involved
To aid us to help we will need to know a few things you seem to have left off your posting (unless I missed them)

Which TX are you using?
(and RX as MWM has also asked)
You say you had issues installing Deviation- can you talk us through what you did, what issues you had and what you did to resolve them?

Which version did you put on and which software did you use to put it on?

Did you format the drive and install all the files and folders from the zip file? (apart from the firmware one :) )
(did you tell the PC to eject the drive before unplugging it after this step?)

With a blank and clean model config - if you load this up and go into channel monitor -do the sticks and switches react as you would expect?

Can you post the ini you are currently trying to use?

I'm sure this is resolvable and it will turn out to be a missed step or missinterpreted step or something really easy to rectify

Regards
Rob
Last edit: 01 Aug 2015 21:46 by robocog.

More
02 Aug 2015 00:58 #36464 by niteliter
Replied by niteliter on topic NOT happy
Ok,first let me answer a few questions,the TX is a Devo 10.the RX is a Devo RX2703H-D,the settings are a copy of settings from YouTube of the same heli and the same TX,and yes I did the copy files to hard drive,s far as posting the ini file,Im not sure where to find that or post it,but another issue with this Heli is that the Pitch servo went,and when it went,it was lonley so it took the steering holder with it,it will take about 3 weeks for that part,I contacted the seller of the heli since its less then a month old to see what we can do about the servos,not THIS is going to be hard to beleive,I have 3 Blade 400's,I have a good idea of what parts are needed more oftenn then not,I have bought 3 orders from Walkera Supply,and Banggood for spare parts,ironicaly,NOT one of those orders included a steering holder,nor a servo,so...................I was reading more good reports about this heli then bad ones,so I figured Id have it in the air a bit,well,maybe a short bit it may turn out to be..........oh,and sorry,my eys are playing tricks on me,past my bedttime,I missed the format question,the answer was yes.and I did get the sewrvos working,cept for the pitch.gueees ill work with the 400's for a few weeks,or the 2 CX20's,or the V959,or maybe the U8181A,I have yet to oppen the box for for the V686G,its not like I have nothing to do,god its great being single.........well,most times............

More
02 Aug 2015 01:04 #36465 by niteliter
For about that too,had a lot of attempts at installing the 4.0.1,I got AS far as the Update Successful,then when I shot down and restart with the ENT,NO USB sign,for that,I re installed a few OES Win 7 64 files.that took care of it all,well,up to the TX Upgarde part..............and yes,a learning curve for sure,but some of us aint as swift as others...........(cough,snicker.whimper?_)dmn,I need sleep......be back in the am...........

More
02 Aug 2015 10:33 #36467 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic NOT happy
For some reason it sounds like the tx has a fault.

For a model file I use this -http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/2579-walkera-v450d01-d03-standard-settings#29265

More
02 Aug 2015 10:38 #36468 by niteliter
Thats a very good conclusion............

More
02 Aug 2015 13:28 #36472 by robocog
Replied by robocog on topic NOT happy
If it were mine- I'd start again
I would do this 1 stage at a time and if any stage produces issues I'd stop and ask or seek guidance

Put firmware on,
format the drive,
put file system on,
calibrate the sticks

Open a clean model set the protocol and check sticks are doing what they should
/then/ bind it up to the RX (motor unplugged from ESC!)
after a reboot of the TX double check its all still happy and with the motor still unplugged from the esc setup the cyclics for direction travel and limits and pitches and any flybarless controller tweaks and getting the servo's centered correctly
I would them make sure you have failsafes setup correctly in the TX so if the TX goes off - it cuts teh motor and that you have a toggle switch setup for throttle cut

Then (and only once all control surfaces are doing what they should in the correct direction and you have checked the flybarless controller is also making corrections in the right direction) and you have 2 methods of stopping it should things go bad (without having to put humans close to a out of control blender to unplug batteries) plug the motor back up and have a test on the live model

Rushing ahead and spinning props up when the control surfaces are not reacting at all or doing the right thing is never going to end well

Getting familiar with Deviation takes time, but is very rewarding and will make stetting up future models a lot easier
To my mind its the best there is out there and worth getting to grips with

I have very recently majorly goofed up whilst setting up a model with the motor still plugged into the ESC thinking it would be fine- and now some of my keys on the keyboard are iffy, the mouse has some deep carbon scars and I have a bag of broken carbon bits and mangled CNC'd alloy bits that were once upon a time a new flying machine...it's beyond trying to salvage and I'm only keeping the electronics - it's really that bad...gutted but a real lesson taught harshly

I was VERY lucky that no humans got damaged in the process - it was only a 250, but boy did it make a mess
Both monitors on the desk it was sat on have no damage- which is miraculous!

I have another kit on its way and you can bet your life no motor is getting plugged in to the ESC till I am 100% sure I have 2 methods of killing power and the control surfaces are doing what they should

Regards
Rob

More
02 Aug 2015 13:44 #36473 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic NOT happy

niteliter wrote: I can get the bind,but only as far as getting the 2 beeps that the V450D03 gave me with the stock firmware,NO cyclic,NO throttle,if I hit Fmod switch,the motor spins up,but nothing else,.I noticed that in order for the channel monitor to show anything,I have to recalibrate the sticks EACH time I power the TX on,I have to redo all the settings.Like its not saving any of the changes I make,it loses them after I shut down.Ready to go back to stock firmware.
And each time I power on the screen tells me "Channel 3 -23 %,Safe Value -100%.

Was the formatting of the USB drive OK, where you put your model.ini files on?

At least it sounds it is working because of the startup warning.

This is the safety AUTO entry (in the model.ini), which means for DEVO protocol throttle safety is checked on CH3 and you need to put your throttle stick DOWN (to -100) as well as you must NOT BE in stunt mode1/2, that is you have to have normal mode (FM0) or throttle hold (TH) activated.

Calibration is saved to txt.ini as far as I know (I might be wrong).
So this file might get corrupted each time you power off your Devo 10??!??

Are you sure that you copied all files of the file system from the firmware.zip to your USB Devo 10 flash drive?
As well as the V450D03 model.ini file?

I hope we can help you to make steps further.

You might want to read into the manual and check all the heli settings (CCPM None) as well as input to output channel in the advanced mixing GUI.

You are right. You can check mappings in the channel monitor. This MUST work. e.g ELEV, AIL, Pitch.

A good starting tutorial is the Howto FBL heli in this forum: www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1226-ho...s-on-custom-firmware .

I am however NOT convinced that you are done by just copying over one model ini file.

Thomas

More
02 Aug 2015 17:40 #36481 by niteliter

robocog wrote: If it were mine- I'd start again
I would do this 1 stage at a time and if any stage produces issues I'd stop and ask or seek guidance

Put firmware on,
format the drive,
put file system on,
calibrate the sticks

Regards
Rob

Bingo,a SECOND load was what it needed...........it musta been Pilot Error..........like I missed the transferring of a file or something,for now I think Ill keep it set for Standard,and "grow" into it................
Now it time to find a dongleandcabledohicky that will go between the Devo 10,and Heli-X........
Thanks Guys,you have been a great help............

More
02 Aug 2015 18:35 #36485 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic NOT happy
I am not aware of a dongle for Heli-X. It only asks for serial number?!?

Just get a USB game controller cable with one mono plug for the Devo's DSC.
You probably would use the USBHID setting.

With other SIMs like RealFlight, Phoenix, etc. there is a vendor specific dongle, so you would use the setting PPM.

I just use RealFlight's RF6.5 elite interlink USB controller (the "dongle"). Also tried it with Heli-X (too much ressource intensive for my PC :( ).

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds