Any tips for Setting up openpilot multi ?

More
30 Aug 2015 23:06 #37315 by jacklscott3
Any tips for Setting up openpilot multi ? was created by jacklscott3
Hey guys,
I've been flying with deviation f/w for a couple years now and I love the versatility. Ive mainly flown fixed wing aircraft until very recently when I've started playing with racing quads and other diy multi rotor setups. I just received an openpilot revolution flight controller for my quad and what I'm discovering is that all the transmitter's configurations can be done through the open pilot ground control station. So does anyone have any tips or suggestions for optimizing the performance of my tx and quad ? I can set up my transmitter using the ground station, so all of the expo, rate and other settings can be programmed through the flight controller. BUT I currently have the tx setup with my preferred expo and rate settings using the deviation firmware. So I'm wondering if that Is the wrong way to approach this situation. the transmitter's settings would just be adding to the mix setup with the flight controller right?
The approach that makes the most sense in my head is to set the pitch, roll, yaw & throttle to a simple 0 expo graph. That way the flight controller has a uniformed input from my tx. Then I will set up the flight mode switch on the 5th channel using fmode0 as the source and repeat the process for any other switches I want to include. That way the transmitter can be completely setup using the openpilot ground station. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!? Or has my shitty sleep schedule finally turned my brain into mush?
If there are any of you out there using the openpilot flight controller (preferably the revo) with a tx running deviation fw let me know how it's working for you, and any tips or tricks you may have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds