Devo 6S Hack / New member

More
06 Sep 2015 06:30 - 06 Sep 2015 06:31 #37485 by cej2525
Devo 6S Hack / New member was created by cej2525
I have done a lot of reading here and still can't find a clear answer. I have recently purchased a new Devo 6S out of Australia. MY goal is to have a smaller Tx that will use DSM protocol.
I do understand that the hack will allow this. My question is about the hack itself. Do I use the "deviation-devo6-v4.0.1" download from this site for the 6S? I work offshore and bring my micro quads using Lemon Rx with me. Am I on the right track? Sorry if this has been answered or "beat to death" but I couldn't find it.
Last edit: 06 Sep 2015 06:31 by cej2525.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2015 08:23 #37489 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo 6S Hack / New member
I wouldn't really call it a "hack", it's just an alternate firmware.
Yep that's the right package to look for, though I think for DSM2 / DSMX there may have been some improvements in the protocol(?) in the nightly builds?
I'm also using a 6S.

More
06 Sep 2015 19:54 #37510 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 6S Hack / New member
Yes, there's been significant work on the DSM code since 4.0.1. I believe most of it is tied to dealing with telemetry issues and advanced Rx stuff.

If at all possible, test 4.0.1 with your LemonRx before you fly, as you might want to try the latest nightly build instead. If neither of those work, you might want to try one of the newer OrangeRx Rx's instead of the LemonRx.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds