Permanent timer value stored in milliseconds

More
13 Sep 2015 15:58 #37718 by ethernode
Hello,

I have a Devo 7E running deviationtx 4.0.1.

I have an issue with permanent timers, which i would like to use to count how many flight hours ; i defined a timer3 into one of my ini to permanent timer type; from my understanding, when resetting it (zeroing it), the ini file section does not contain any value.
[timer3]
type=permanent
src=THR

Running the throttle for 60 seconds, opening the ini shows that this value seems to be stored in milliseconds:
[timer3]
type=permanent
src=THR
val=60500

Out of curiosity, why is this value not stored in seconds (while countdowns seem to be in seconds) ? A permanent timer would rather be used for measuring total flight times, right, so using seconds would allow longer lifetime values, isn't it ?

Also, is there any way to share a permanent timer between models (e.g. 2 ini, one for indoor, one for outdoor, sharing the same permanent timer value) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2015 19:46 #37730 by mwm
Even with milliseconds, timers still count over 7 weeks. That seems like quite a lifetime, so why make the code for timers more complicated to make it longer?

No, there's no way to share a timer.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
14 Sep 2015 10:33 #37752 by ethernode
Replied by ethernode on topic Permanent timer value stored in milliseconds
Sounds good, thanks. At least i'm not good enough to keep a model aliave for 7 weeks of flight time ;)

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds