Issues with binding

More
18 Sep 2015 18:37 #37855 by djarchow
Issues with binding was created by djarchow
In effort to improve the poor range I was getting with my LemonRX PPM rx I am trying a Devo RX701 rx instead. First one from Amazon had the pin PCB in the case so crooked there was no way to get all the plugs in. I received a new one today and I am having trouble getting it to bind, or at least bind they way I expect it to. I verified that my 6s can bind with a Walkera ladybird or a LemonRX PPM rx so I think the radio is OK

Here are the steps I have taken:

Set up a new default model in my 6s running the latest nightly builds. Protocol was Devo and both fixed ID, and telemetry were both off
Connected the rx701 to thr, +5v and ground from my Nighthawk 280
Inserted the bind plug into the BAT pins on the receiver and powered the quad.
Receiver led was blinking slowly which implies the old data was cleared
Powered down the quad and removed the bind plug
Turned on 6s and it entered binding mode and the typical countdown it does showing how long it will try to bind
Powered quad, rx LED was briefly blinking fast but then turned solid. At this point things looked good and it appeared to be bound
Once the bind countdown on the 6s screen hit zero and it returned to the main model screen, the rx701 led started blinking slowly.

So what does the slowly blinking light mean after it was already solid? Does this mean there is a problem with the bind or something else?

Thanks for any help!

Dennis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2015 01:12 #37862 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Issues with binding
Sorry, I don't know what the blinking light means. However, Walkera Rx's don't bind like DSM ones. Turn off the fixed ID in the Tx, and then turn them both off and back on. The "bind" button will become a "Re-Init" button. They should now connect, though you may need to hit the Re-Init button. This is "autobind" mode, and they are not bound in the sense of the DSM radio gear - either will connect to anything that doesn't have a bind ID set.

Once they are connected, you can then set the bind Id on the Tx and hit the bind button. That binds them like DSM bind, so that each will only connect with the other instead of with any Tx or Rx that is in autobind mode (no bind id set).

It's possible you've got an Rx that is already bound. In that case, you'll need to clear the Bind ID on it as well as the Tx before you will be able to get them to connect. Details on how to do that should be in the manual.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Sep 2015 03:42 #37870 by djarchow
Replied by djarchow on topic Issues with binding
I solved the problem. I was using one of the test builds to try to improve DSMX performance and once I reverted back to the latest nightly build the bind problem went away.

Thanks for your help!

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds