OrangeRx R920X / cleanflight only shows 9 channels

More
25 Sep 2015 04:25 - 25 Sep 2015 13:31 #38039 by Cereal_Killer
This isn't a Devo problem, nor is it even a radio problem per se but once again, I trust the community here to steer me right with anything radio related...

I'm running an OrangeRx R920X receiver, I'm sending all 12 channels (and I've confirmed that in the output monitor of my 7E). Up till about a week or two ago cleanflight was showing 12 channels (and I use them all). I had an unrelated [to the radio] issue and had to do a full chip erase / FW flash and after that I'm only getting 9 channels to show up in the receiver tab. Channels 10 11 and 12 (that's AUX6 7 and 8 ) are just steady at 1500 and dont even jitter, let alone move with the TX output's.

I have tried every setting I know of to get the three channels back. I use AUX1 2 3 4 and 6 for flight modes, AUX5 is for camera shutter control (CHDK) and AUX7 and 8 for 2-axis gimbal control (via channel forwarding threw the Naze). When you try "MAP AETR12345678" it drops off the 5 6 7 and 8 (which I think I remember is normal) but I dont see how to tell it to use those...

I'm sure it's something simple I've just forgotten, how do I get cleanflight to recognize my last 3 AUX channels so I can get full function of this thing back? There are zero HW changes between when I had them all a few weeks ago and when I had to do the full FW flash and lost them, I mean literally, I didnt rewire anything / change ANYTHING, JUST flashed new (the same, just fresh) FW to the thing.

Also note, I have tried rebinding several times. Because it's a 9 channel radio* I dont have PWM output's for Ch's 10, 11 and 12 so I cant hook the gimbal directly to the radio, I must use passthrew so I've gotta get CF to see those last 3 channels again. I know it can do it, I'm not crazy, I had it functioning fine for weeks before!

*All of the new generation 2 Oranges have all 12 channels via CPPM.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 25 Sep 2015 13:31 by Cereal_Killer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2015 11:18 #38047 by Deal57
Just to clarify: you flashed the firmware on the Cleanflight controller, not the Devo7e, right? So it appears that your symptom is that the flight controller is not seeing the channels, not that the RX isn't sending them? I have the OrangeRX R1020x and I can confirm it sends all 12 channels on PPM to my APM controller through the signal pin at the bind position.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
25 Sep 2015 12:14 #38050 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic OrangeRx R920X / cleanflight only shows 9 channels
Yea that's correct; flashed new FW to the naze32, Devo is running the same FW with the same .ini as when it worked.

Also this same .ini gives me 12 channels on another model but it's using an R110x satellite only going into RC4 so that [to me] confirms the .ini / devo side is ok.

I'm sure it's just a simple setting in CF, I just can't find it.

More
25 Sep 2015 17:38 #38058 by aMax
Do you use CF 1.10 RC2 ? Then post an issue there.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
25 Sep 2015 17:47 #38059 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic OrangeRx R920X / cleanflight only shows 9 channels
No sir, I literally made zero changes. I was having a strange issue with non-consistent looptime (making it unflyable, it was jumping up to 51xxx seemingly random then back to 2500) so I did a full chip erase and flashed the exact same file as before (not letting it check for a newer .hex, I did this all in offline mode) and pasted in all the exact same CLI settings. This is an RCExplorer V3 naze32 tricopter board.

aMax wrote: Do you use CF 1.10 RC2 ? Then post an issue there.

What does "RC2" signify? Does CF 1.10 take PPM on RC2 now (instead of RC1)? Or is that just a [confusing] version number?

More
25 Sep 2015 19:26 #38061 by aMax

Cereal_Killer wrote: No sir, I literally made zero changes. I was having a strange issue with non-consistent looptime (making it unflyable, it was jumping up to 51xxx seemingly random then back to 2500) so I did a full chip erase and flashed the exact same file as before (not letting it check for a newer .hex, I did this all in offline mode) and pasted in all the exact same CLI settings. This is an RCExplorer V3 naze32 tricopter board.

aMax wrote: Do you use CF 1.10 RC2 ? Then post an issue there.

What does "RC2" signify? Does CF 1.10 take PPM on RC2 now (instead of RC1)? Or is that just a [confusing] version number?

Got it...the same version as before. RC2 is the 2.second release candidate, still no stable final.
Sorry , but have no solution for this issue. I have seen this on my CC3D when it is attached to PC-USB. My Flip32pro does not have
this issue. As soon as I use a bluetooth module on the CC3D for telemetry and programming, this behavior has gone.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds