8s touchscreen error after upgrade to deviation

More
15 Oct 2015 10:28 #38848 by micro
I have 2 walkera 8s tx and decided to upgrade the 2nd one to deviation also as a backup, it';s only a sim tx so might as well.

All went as expected until the touchscreen calibration which lets me complete the first two (top left and bottom right), then for any after this just displayed the coordiates of the press in numbers, forever.

I searched this forum and found nothing under 'screen calibrate error' or similar but found the same issue here mentioned that has not been resolved.
www.deviationtx.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=557&history=1

The touch screen is unusable as is. Is there a fix?

Another reference of very similar issue

He sorted it somehow but doesn't list how or reply as yet. But now I feel this is long time outstanding if he has same 2 years ago.

Why does deviation touch calibration work on one 8s but not the other is firmware is identical and method of flashing is also identical.

Hope someone can help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2020 09:02 - 15 Jan 2020 11:11 #75726 by JohnBee
The exact same thing happened to me just now in 2020, I updated FW and the screen is completely unresponsive.
Needless to say, a FW update was not the best option, hope I can roll back to default, otherwise I fear this may end-up in the trash :(
Last edit: 15 Jan 2020 11:11 by JohnBee.

More
15 Jan 2020 16:18 #75731 by Mack775

More
16 Jan 2020 00:17 #75732 by JohnBee
oops, mine is 12s - completely missed that in the title - was very late :(

More
16 Jan 2020 00:50 #75733 by Mack775
Have 3 12s that work with that firmware but the 12s is a little different have to flash the lib.dfu with library tab if you do not the screen will not cal.

More
16 Jan 2020 02:51 - 16 Jan 2020 08:27 #75734 by JohnBee

Mack775 wrote: Have 3 12s that work with that firmware but the 12s is a little different have to flash the lib.dfu with library tab if you do not the screen will not cal.

Hi and thanks for sharing that info. with me as well.

On my side of things, I flashed the update and lib files using DFU, and found the screen to be unresponsive afterwards.
Luckily, I was able to revert back to stock FW and everything was back to normal.

No clue why happened, though I'm thinking there's an issue with the stock settings and FW v5.0.0 on this unit.
There was also an intermittent sound /beep come from the radio, no clue what it was was though it seemed to occur every 30 second or so

At any rate, I'm not too concerned about it, as I was looking for pretty much an excuse to pick-up a Jumper T16 Pro
The sad part of it however, that this radio has only been used twice since I bought it, once indoors, and once out - and so if you know of anyone looking for one, I'd be more than happy to part with it.
Otherwise, it will go back into storage until it eventually gets thrown in spring cleaning :(
Last edit: 16 Jan 2020 08:27 by JohnBee.

More
16 Jan 2020 12:36 #75736 by Mack775
Sounds like you can try again. Had an F7 flashed it back to devention and back to deviation 2 times and I do not know what I done but it works now.
Dfuse 2.31 The 12s needs to be flashed 2 times firmware and library.

I like the 12s very easy to program. Do not have a jumper at all and opentx gives me a pain.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds