F12E just stopped working...

More
21 Oct 2015 03:12 #39086 by aBs0lut30
F12E just stopped working... was created by aBs0lut30
I realize this is not really the right place for this, but I am figuring that you guys probably know as much if not more about these controllers as Devo/Walkera...

I have an f12e that just died on me...

I was getting ready to go fly, doing some checks before I left the house... Powered on the devo, went about checking my flight batteries, and look over at the devo and it's off. No light, no screen, nothing. Pulled the battery out and checked it, was about half full. So I charged it up just in case, but nope, not a thing. Plug it in to USB and get nothing there either...

Anybody have any ideas on what I could try to get it back? Or you think it's just dead? If it's repairable I would much prefer to do that obviously than spend 300 on a new TX.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2015 07:04 #39093 by teddy04
Replied by teddy04 on topic F12E just stopped working...
Hi,

I'm new here but have you tried to poweron while pressing the EXT button to enter the software update menue?

Do you have the stock software or deviationtx?

micha

More
21 Oct 2015 14:24 - 21 Oct 2015 14:39 #39101 by aBs0lut30
Replied by aBs0lut30 on topic F12E just stopped working...
Thanks for the reply!

I have tried both DFU and Firmware update mode. Notta... Windows is not detecting anything plugged in at all.

I was running the stock firmware as Deviation wouldn't talk to the little RX707 module that they stick in the Scout...

Which I am not that surprised about as I am not even getting the light on the front to come on... I cracked it open last night and broke out the volt meter.

Saw one thing that didn't make a whole lot of sense. So, with the switch off and the battery in, I get 12v on the switch, so good there... When the switch is on, on one pin I get 0 and on the other I get like -6v.

It acts like it's not getting power, but who knows... Does anyone know if there is anybody out there that works on these Devo transmitters that could check it out?
Last edit: 21 Oct 2015 14:39 by aBs0lut30.

More
21 Oct 2015 20:53 #39108 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic F12E just stopped working...
Huh. Which Tx works with the Scout? Possibly one of the other Walkera protocols will work with it.

You might talk to Jon.M.Barter, either here or in rcgroups. He adds modules to them, and might be willing to look into this for you. Maybe not, though, as trouble-shooting is a different thing.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
21 Oct 2015 21:26 #39111 by aBs0lut30
Replied by aBs0lut30 on topic F12E just stopped working...
Its the F12e for the TX side, but it's the RX707 on the RX side and I kind of assumed it was the RX that wasn't binding...

Other than not talking to that walkera RX, loved deviation on the f12e...

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds