Using existing Hubsan controller?

More
23 Oct 2015 20:51 #39153 by Nuggetz
Using existing Hubsan controller? was created by Nuggetz
I was told on another forum that I could take a spare Hubsan controller and transplant the innards to a Devo 7e and be able to control my Hubsan after updating firmware etc. MY Devo will be delivered tomorrow so I took apart a spare controller and I don't see anything inside that would imply that this is possible or straight forward. Haven't found any guides that address this either. Plenty out there showing how to solder a module but I haven't purchased one of those. So what's the scoop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2015 21:16 #39154 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Using existing Hubsan controller?
You can't recycle nothing from your Hubsan TX. The RF circuit is integrated into the PCB. You need to buy/install an A7105 RF transceiver.

More
23 Oct 2015 22:15 #39157 by Nuggetz
Replied by Nuggetz on topic Using existing Hubsan controller?
Anybody selling them here in the states? I don't want to wait a month to get one from China. banggood sucks as well. I chose the fastest shipping method for a product located in the U.S.A.warehouse and its been almost two weeks. I guess Amazon has spoiled me.

More
23 Oct 2015 22:21 #39159 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Using existing Hubsan controller?
I don't know, I'm from the old world :P (Spain)

More
24 Oct 2015 07:48 #39165 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Using existing Hubsan controller?
You can try searching the online superstores with a US or north america location restriction, but expect to pay 2 or 3 times as much. And check the expected delivery date before ordering, as the Chinese vendors game the system to spam searches! Nuts, if you’re ordering something not recommended in a tutorial, all here if it'll work (post the link), as they also game the system in listing modules.

Or go to banggood and select priority direct mail shipping for an extra buck of two. They claim 6 to 9 days shipping. I just ordered some modules that way for the first time, so I'm not sure how well it works.

You can also try taking one out of a wltoys V911 or similar transmitter if you can find one of those locally.

I've got a spare I've never tested, and its the short range pcb antenna variant. PM me if you're really desperate.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds