F12e issues... Very strange ones...

More
03 Nov 2015 18:06 #39516 by aBs0lut30
F12e issues... Very strange ones... was created by aBs0lut30
Ok, so I have an odd problem.

I loaded up the last nightly build on my f12e, and got the drive formatted (forgot initially...) got my model setup and everything tweaked.
Went out and flew a couple of times, working great.

Then I noticed my Aux5 wasn't reading any input, even on the stick monitor. I re-calibrated a couple of times, still nothing.
So, I decide I will backup my config, load the stock firmware and check it... So I power up in USB mode, plugged in, and got prompted to format the drive... Odd
So I disconnect, shutdown, power back up, and go directly into USB mode. Still wants to format the drive. And I absolutely CANNOT get out of USB mode.

So after half an hour or so, I say screw it, load the stock firmware and check the input, works fine. Humm, ok... Load the deviation back up, and here's where it get's really odd...
It seems that now I cannot touch the USB function, without getting stuck in USB mode until I reload the firmware. Once I connect in USB, I'm there forever.

Also, after loading the firmware (always checking format) sometimes everything functions correctly, other times, not so much...
For example, after a couple of attempts, I got nothing but a blue screen with Model1 in the corner. Sometimes half the display elements showed up. Sometimes everything showed up but the vibrator and buzzer werent working... Very random.

But at the end of the day, I cannot format the USB drive, at least and then use the TX again.

Any ideas?

Also, anybody know how to get it to stop putting the System Volume Information crap on my poor little 32k of storage?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2015 03:31 #39532 by aBs0lut30
Replied by aBs0lut30 on topic F12e issues... Very strange ones...
Ok, so let me correct, I guess I had not been running the latest build the other day, I was running ef0d76d, which seems to be working well.
The newer builds however just wont let me touch the USB drive..

More
04 Nov 2015 20:41 #39566 by james199
Replied by james199 on topic F12e issues... Very strange ones...
I tried for 2 days and my f12e won't take any build. At first I thought I had the wrong one so I tried every one ..lol.. still nothing. I guess this one is going to stay stock

More
05 Nov 2015 04:55 #39587 by aBs0lut30
Replied by aBs0lut30 on topic F12e issues... Very strange ones...
Well, on my f12e that build listed above works pretty well...
Just got in my 12ch OrangeRX and got hooked up over DSMX and is working well.

On that build everything seems to work EXCEPT Aux6 and 7. Aux6 reads like a switch(on-off, but off it jumps around a lot) Aux7 doesn't read at all.
No matter how many times I run the calibration it still wont read those two inputs correctly.

Other than that, everything seems to work pretty well...

On the latest build I cannot get it to work properly at all... So that's a bit odd to me.

james199 I would recomend trying the build that I am running, the build number is above, it's a 4.0.1 build from about a month or so ago.

More
05 Nov 2015 13:15 #39603 by james199
I have looked and tried every file and my radio will not boot up with any dfu I now put in it except for the factory one. also I assume there is no lib. file for the F12E ? as I cant find it. if you can give me a link to the file you are using ill try it before I go back to stock and re setup my model

More
05 Nov 2015 13:24 #39604 by teddy04
Replied by teddy04 on topic F12e issues... Very strange ones...

james199 wrote: I have looked and tried every file and my radio will not boot up with any dfu I now put in it except for the factory one. also I assume there is no lib. file for the F12E ? as I cant find it. if you can give me a link to the file you are using ill try it before I go back to stock and re setup my model

please write us how do you install the files. Do you using the Java uploder?

I've found on my devo F12E that it only working when I do a complete Format.

micha

More
05 Nov 2015 13:39 #39605 by james199
I had to return back to stock firmware as mine required a format every time I turned it off and back on . Mine was Not stable

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds