Devo 10 power limitations?

More
11 Dec 2015 15:03 #40822 by Epitaph
Devo 10 power limitations? was created by Epitaph
Hi

I have a friend who has a Devo 10, not Deviated (he's a little scared of the whole programming process... not too computer literate, but I'm trying to get him to change hehehe), who is having some range issues with his transmitter, as he's barely getting 400m distance at full power. Does the Devo 10 have some kind of power limitation that can be removed with a Deviation installation? Is it an issue of not having a PA or something like that maybe, and if so can the module be changed to another one? Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2015 23:14 #40828 by ZeblodS
Replied by ZeblodS on topic Devo 10 power limitations?
Which version of the Devo 10 is it?

European version is limited to 10mW
International version is limited to 100mW
DeviationTX car make the Devo 10 to work up to 150mW

More
11 Dec 2015 23:17 #40829 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Devo 10 power limitations?
I'm not actually sure where he got it from. We are en Europe, but I don't know if he got it in Europe or imported from a chinese online shop. Is there a way to know? Also, with the changeover to Deviation, would he have direct access in the case of it being a European one to the 150mW or would it need a seperate mod?

More
12 Dec 2015 03:43 #40836 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Devo 10 power limitations?
There is stock Walkera Devo 100mW firmware that can be flashed to the Euro Devo models, ....but then he would be breaking the rules. B)

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
12 Dec 2015 06:26 #40842 by Epitaph
Yeah, the rules... actually in this country the entire 2.4ghz is not actually regulated properly for RC, as a set of temporary guidelines were placed without actually finishing them, and they have no intent of finishing them either. The only properly regulated RC frequencies here are 35mhz for air and 40mhz for land, and are the only 100% legal ones.

So just changing the Devention firmware at the beginning would change it from 10mW to 100mW? It's purely a software based limitation?

More
12 Dec 2015 07:20 #40844 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Devo 10 power limitations?

Epitaph wrote: ....... So just changing the Devention firmware at the beginning would change it from 10mW to 100mW? It's purely a software based limitation?

Yes, I think that is so. He can find the Walkera DfuSe USB Upgrade Tool and the 100mW firmware on the walkera-fans.de website. It helps if you can read German to navigate their site, but I can give some help finding the downloads.

For the DfuSe tool:
walkera-fans.de > along the right-hand column click on "Downloads" > click on "Tools" > click on "Dfuse USB Upgrade Tools" > click on whichever version you want, and download it.

I used v2.0, but I believe that v2.31 works fine too.

For the Tx firmware:
walkera-fans.de > along the right-hand column click on "Downloads" > click on "Sender" > click on "Devo 10" > click on "Devo10 Firmware 0.8A Und 0.8B, and download it. > Use the 0.8A to flash the 100mW version (0.8B is the 10mW version)

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)

More
12 Dec 2015 07:44 #40845 by Epitaph
Yeah, well... he's gone in the mean time and brought one of those power amplifiers from Banggood where you have to change the antenna to one of those pigtails to plug it in... and has managed to rip the antenna microconnector off the RF module!! Do you know where there are any replacement ones? The one Banggood had is no longer available, and everywhere I look they are all out of stock, but in the sense of "been a long time out of stock and we're probably not going to bother to stock any more".

I have the RF module from the WK-2402... would that possibly work??

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds