Back-up TX - F7, F12 or 10

More
13 Dec 2015 17:40 #40879 by nwoodschris
Back-up TX - F7, F12 or 10 was created by nwoodschris
I have a Devo 10 (with deviation) and love it. I want a second transmitter and might get into FPV one day. I mainly want it for buddy box with my son so he can learn to fly planes/quads/helis. I can't decide if the F7 will work for my needs because I was thinking if one day we have fpv goggles the screen on the F7 could be for me as a buddy box FPV screen in case I need to jump in and save him when he has the goggles on. However it sounds like the F7 isn't an ideal deviation transmitter so maybe I should just get another Devo 10 (or go crazy and get an F12). Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2015 19:00 #40883 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Back-up TX - F7, F12 or 10
Well, the F12 is not supported by deviation (could be, but it is too expensive to have only for the sake of hacking it), the F7 is in basic state, because it's processor is a limiting factor.
The 10 is always a good choice, but if you are into FPV consider the F12E, which is also supported by deviation.

More
13 Dec 2015 19:12 #40884 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic Back-up TX - F7, F12 or 10
Thanks FDR. I guess I meant the F12E not the F12. So you're saying it should work well with Deviation and the FPV screen would also work if it was "master" so I could spy on my son ("slave with the Devo 10) and he was using goggles?

Also do you know if it would basically just use the same .ini files as my Devo 10?

My only other consideration would be a Spectrum radio to be "master" only because I am using mostly Blade products and the "panic recovery" switch might be nice (unless I can program that into my .ini files?)

Chris

More
13 Dec 2015 19:51 #40888 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Back-up TX - F7, F12 or 10
Yes the F12E works, but it only supported in the nightly builds, and the upgrade and the ini files has to be managed with the java DFU upgrade tool:4
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...ation-uploader-0-8-0
If your VTX uses a frequency, which is included in both the F12E and your video googles, then you can watch the flight on both in parallel.

AFAIK the panic button can be programmed to any switch in deviation.

More
13 Dec 2015 20:38 #40892 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Back-up TX - F7, F12 or 10
If the F12e has the same inputs as the 12, your 10 ini files will work, but might not be optimal.

And yes, you can program the panic switch with deviation. You can even simulate it on aircraft that don't support it directly. However, HH doesn't support Devo transmitters, and that support is one of the best features of the blade products. I use a dx5e to test new blade aircraft in case I need to call HH.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds