Is a little heat on the back of the tx normal?

More
16 Dec 2015 00:20 #40968 by Fer
Hello,

Recently i observed something on my DEVO 10 black, that made me worry. When the tx is powered on for several minutes, it seems that the back cover gets a little worm. Not hot, but one can surely feel the heat on the back cover, right at the middle of it. Is this normal or is it something i need to worry about? I don't recall having heat issues with other txs i had.

I have done the NRF and XL7105 mod, and both modules are about at the place that i feel as the center of the heat. But as far as i know, with nightly builds only the modules that correspond to the protocol beeing used are active. So, when i am using my CYRF, those two modules should be inactive anyway. Not that this makes me less worring as it means that either the CYRF module is overheating, or something esle is overheating. And if i can feel the heat on the back cover, i suspect that things could be pretty hot inside the tx.

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the power settings, as the heat feels the same at 1mw or 150mw. Any advice on the matter? Do you think its normal, or am i heading soon for my third DEVO?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.025 seconds