Countdown Timer on throttle on Devo 10

More
19 Dec 2015 16:57 #41037 by Littlepip
Countdown Timer on throttle on Devo 10 was created by Littlepip
Hi I can do a countdown timer that starts with the throttle but I cant re set it, after it stops it keeps on going every time the throttle is used . I want to use the up button like I had in the stock firmware using the stick position switch. I found a video showing how to do this but cant figure it out in the new firmware. I am sure is is simple like me but i just can't figure what the switch is called and how to reset the timer with this switch. Any help is appreciated. I think this was the link I followed first .

Thanks
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2015 00:10 #41041 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Countdown Timer on throttle on Devo 10
Not what you asked, but pressing and holding the EXT button resets the timers by default. There's probably ways of doing what you want, but I'd guess you have to disable button navigation first, which is something I haven't had the need to do. Pretty certain there's a simple way to do it as I recall it being one of the first software changes to allow more functionality on the 7E; buttons as switches.

More
20 Dec 2015 03:32 - 20 Dec 2015 16:35 #41045 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Countdown Timer on throttle on Devo 10
You can set up any of the buttons to reset the timer. For example, if you want to use the up arrow for the reset, you would:
* Set up a virtual channel Virt2 as a Min-max curve.
* Set up a trim with the input Virt2 as a momentary trim step *and use the Up key as the trim+ key*
* Now set up your time with the reset switch set to Virt2.

I usually just setup a single reset switch, then use it for the timers for that model, so that when I reset the countdown, I will also reset the stopwatch (which I use for counting up).

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Last edit: 20 Dec 2015 16:35 by Deal57.

More
20 Dec 2015 07:37 #41047 by Littlepip
Replied by Littlepip on topic Countdown Timer on throttle on Devo 10
Hello,

Thanks for your reply's I tried the EXT button but it does not re set the timer on my Devo 10 . It used to on the stock firmware but it does nothing now. That is the button I wanted to use but could not work out what it was called to reference it in the timer set up. I can do it with a switch like rudder dr which I have set it to at the moment , but the ENT button is much easier to press when looking at the timer and my thumb just drops on it nicely. I am finding how to do things but I do not understand the terminology of the descriptions most of the time so it is hard. In the description below I have absolutely no idea what curves are for even though I have flown for quite a while I have always been on my own not in a club where I might have been shown more. The other problem I have is I have memory issues to say the least think goldfish, I just forget stuff so fast that learning new things is really hard for me now, it might take me hundreds of goes at something before I know it, even simple stuff and if I don't use it all of the time it's gone again. It drives me nuts not being able to remember things and if my darling wife asks me to do something it normally is forgotten and you can imagine that causes me trouble, a lot.
Any way thanks for the reply's I will keep trying to get to grips with all of the terminology and the great deviation firmware.

Gary

More
20 Dec 2015 08:14 #41048 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Countdown Timer on throttle on Devo 10

Littlepip wrote: ... The other problem I have is I have memory issues to say the least think goldfish, I just forget stuff so fast that learning new things is really hard for me now, it might take me hundreds of goes at something before I know it, even simple stuff and if I don't use it all of the time it's gone again.

Way off topic. I agree with you about Deviation programming being too much to remember. But thought I'd suggest a supplement from the health food store: Phosphatidylserine . Also known as PS. Got my 94-year old mother's memory back on track in a big way. Mine too.

More
20 Dec 2015 08:30 - 20 Dec 2015 08:31 #41050 by RedSleds
Replied by RedSleds on topic Countdown Timer on throttle on Devo 10
Getting old isn't for sissies!

DEVO 10 - Multi-module with nRF24L01 +PA +LNA, A7105 +PA, & CC2500 +PA +LNA transceivers.
Nightly Build: v4.0.1-548bbf5 (6/9/2015)
Last edit: 20 Dec 2015 08:31 by RedSleds.

More
20 Dec 2015 16:13 #41057 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Countdown Timer on throttle on Devo 10
I left out the critical piece of the process in my directions above. When you set up the trim for Virt2, you use the Up key as the trigger. Without that it won't work, sorry!

Too much input last night.... Is there some sort of festival or holiday coming up? :S

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds