Devo 7e pitch switch to control gimbal pitch

More
27 Jan 2016 16:45 #42276 by anansi22
I would like to use the gimbal pitch trim button on the left of the right gimbal stick to control camera gimbal pitch for photography. The behavior I'm looking for is to be able to hold it to adjust pitch and it stop when I let go the switch. There are several options in configuring the switched for momentary use and I'm not certain how to do this. Wish this bad boy had a rotary switch but it doesn't and I don't see a mod for one. Would be nice to replace one of the switches with a variable pot and have it work. If this has been attempted would love to hear about your experience.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2016 13:34 - 29 Jan 2016 13:35 #42371 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo 7e pitch switch to control gimbal pitch
You can do that no problem but did you not see this?
deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/4442...inputs-for-devo-tx-s
It works very well.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 29 Jan 2016 13:35 by Cereal_Killer.

More
29 Jan 2016 22:06 #42382 by Deal57
You can use the trim switch with a few setting. The user guide has some interesting tips for using trim (look at them later!) but here's the short answer:

First you need to know which channel you need to output, lets take channel 7.
1. Set up Ch 7 in the Advanced GUI as a simple mixer with src=Virt1. You need to use a fixed curve.
2. Set up Virt1 as a simple mixer with no src. Again use a fixed curve.
3. Set up the trim that is now assigned to THR and use Virt1 instead. If it stays assigned to THR you may have unexpected results! Set the step value to some number like 5. The trim wont use momentary, toggle or On/off settings, just set a step that moves the gimbal at the speed you want.

Now when you use TRIM LV+, the channel 7 output goes up, and TRIM LV- makes the output go down. Depending on how fast you need the gimbal to move you'll want to adjust the trim step value. You may wish to keep the trim indicator on your screen so you can tell where the gimbal is set. If you find that the gimbal moves to a desired angle (say 90 degrees facing down) at 70, you may wish to set your Max Limit and Min Limit for that channel -- this is cool because if you want to set it to face down immediately, you simply hold the trim button down and it will jump to the max setting. When you want it back to normal 0 degrees, press and hold the up and it will jump to the mid-trim setting of 0.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds