Flight time timer for gliders

More
10 Feb 2016 20:39 - 10 Feb 2016 20:46 #42961 by Rollmops67
Flight time timer for gliders was created by Rollmops67
Hello !
I have a Devo 10 with Deviation 4.0.1 (without any nighty)
To count the total flighttime of my planes, each model has a permanent timer wich is trigerred by THR, this means that when throttle becomes greater than about -93% the timer counts, and when the throttle is less than -93, the timer ceases to increment.
This means that when I cut the throttle while flying, the timer doesn't count, but OK on a plane you have some throttle most of the time, and the little moments you fly without (going out of a loop, landing) are negligible.
But in a few days I will have a glider with a motor that will just take the glider at some altitude, and than will be unpowered while I glide.
So the method described above for planes will not work.
I know I can assign a timer to a switch, but knowing myself, I'm sure I will :
- forget to start the timer at beginning of the flights
- or forget to stop it at the end !!!

So I'm thinking at at a method to have a timer counting for example as long as my sticks move.
But I see no manner to achieve this, and I'm not sure that this is even possible.

On another side, with Deviation, it is possible to set a Power On Alarm wich reminds me that I haven't moved my stick since a programmable amount of time, in other words wich reminds me that I forgot to switch my transmitter of (and believe me, in my case it's very usefull ! :whistle: )
So I wonder if this function could be "hacked" to drive a timer that counts as long as the sticks move (and say about 10 seconds after there is no movement, for the times I release the sticks)

If anyone has an idea...

Many thanks in advance !

Roland
Last edit: 10 Feb 2016 20:46 by Rollmops67.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2016 06:20 #42985 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Flight time timer for gliders
You could use the safety feature to warn you that the timer switch isn't turned on when the model file is loaded - which includes when the Tx if turned on with that model active.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds