Deviation compatible brushed FC/RX w/ telemetry?

More
13 Feb 2016 04:47 #43075 by mellowvision
I really love building tiny brushed quads to fly with my Devo 6s. One of the things I like about flying builds using the hubsan x4 fc, is that it provides battery voltage telemetry to the devo.

This seems unique among the brushed flight controllers I've come across.

The telemetry is a nice thing once you're used to having it. I bring my batteries in at 3.8v all the time. But, I don't want to fly hubsan FC... would really prefer to be flying something programmable.

Are there other micro fc / rx pairs that I should look at that would get battery voltage to my devo?

Alternately, do you know of any brushed FC's that would support OSD telemtry via minimosd or similar? that would be fun to mess with as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2016 05:24 #43077 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Deviation compatible brushed FC/RX w/ telemetry?
I think the X4 fc is flashable with BradWii ?

More
13 Feb 2016 05:58 #43078 by mellowvision
Replied by mellowvision on topic Deviation compatible brushed FC/RX w/ telemetry?
it does look like it's flash-able, but that might be a lot of effort for a so-so FC. and would it still send telemetry data after being flashed?

also, I found this thread that is very interesting, sounds like the multiflight.co.uk guy is working on a micro size vtx with built in OSD that mounts up directly to a multiflight nano board. it's not going to be out for a couple of months still... community.micro-motor-warehouse.com/t/osd-osd-for-micros/133

More
20 Feb 2016 09:49 #43354 by camousse
you can build something with that : www.goodluckbuy.com/micro-quadcopter-fli...ensor-stm32f103.html
you will need to find a receiver with telemetry (i only know frsky with telemetry, but you will need a cc2500, or maybe a walkera ?).
you can also go for a dsm2 sat, and add a bluetooth (a light one) to have telemetry (and the hability to tune pid) on your android phone

More
02 Mar 2016 18:09 #43985 by saintz
The user manual lists available telemetry for each protocol. Unfortunately Hubsan is the only toy FC listed that supports it. I'm going to assume that everything NRF24 based does not support telemetry (v2x2, Bayang, Syma, etc.). The Hubsan uses A7105.

You might check if the U807 supports telemetry. It's A7105 based. It uses a modified FlySky protocol. I doubt it will have telemetry, but it would be my best guess for one that does other than Hubsan.

More
02 Mar 2016 21:39 #43995 by camousse
you can try a a7105 mini brushed, flash it with bradwii with hubsan protocol. But i think there is no voltage sensor connected to cpu so...

More
03 Mar 2016 00:00 - 03 Mar 2016 00:02 #44001 by dc59
Last edit: 03 Mar 2016 00:02 by dc59.

More
03 Mar 2016 08:11 #44014 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Deviation compatible brushed FC/RX w/ telemetry?
I can confirm that my walkera Super CP also correctly transmits pack voltage to Devo 7e.

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds