Nightly Builds Update Devo 7e

More
21 Feb 2016 21:44 - 21 Feb 2016 21:47 #43434 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Nightly Builds Update Devo 7e

jamichx wrote: So again back to my question how exactly do I upgrade from older version of nightlies to new one on devo 7e ? I need explanation of that procedure exactly how to do it. What to install new what to copy what to keep from old version so after I finished I end up with working hardware and all may settings intact. I hope I made my self clear this time. It would be very good if someone made this kind of general procedure manual.

Those are exactly the questions that are answered in the "Upgrade notes" section of the manual, which had been quoted in full on this thread. And it hasn't changed since 4.0.1.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2016 21:47 by mwm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2016 01:16 #43440 by mwm
The file system stuff has changed since those posts were written. I've been bitten by this myself. The downloads used to have file systems in separate zip files, but they've been bundled with the dfu files for a while now.

This is a general problem with using forum posts, blog posts, or youtube videos as "documentation". The original author is generally the only person who can update them, and that typically doesn't happen no matter how dedicated the author may be.

Unfortunately, the forum is the only "official" place that such things can appear. A Wiki would be a much better place for them, since they can be edited by other people. We even have one on bitbucket , and a few documents are posted there. But there's a resistance to linking to "external" sites from the deviation site, and the bitbucket repository and wiki are for some reason considered "external".

More
22 Feb 2016 01:49 #43442 by mwm
Ok, I've just updated the installation instructions. Details at deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questio...n-update-help-needed

+Deal57 - I've included your two sections on the nightly and test builds. Thanks.

More
22 Feb 2016 02:50 #43443 by Richard96816
Replied by Richard96816 on topic Nightly Builds Update Devo 7e

mwm wrote: ...
But there's a resistance to linking to "external" sites from the deviation site, and the bitbucket repository and wiki are for some reason considered "external".

Is the resistance insurmountable? Many facets of Deviation seem implicitly untouchable. Looking for tools elsewhere could help breathe new life into things. Especially tools that help share the work load or automate things.

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds