Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware

More
24 Feb 2016 09:33 #43549 by YARIMbe
Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware was created by YARIMbe
anyone tried the new nightly build of the Devo F7?
I tried with no success ;/

the steps I took are as follow:
1.connecting the Tx to my PC with USB
2.switching it on to upgrade mode.
3.opening deviation uploader.
4.under Install/Upgrade I loaded the nightly zip file.
5.marked "V" on format and all the rest.
6.hit install button.
7.after i get the "copy complete" messege i turned on the Tx.
now all I get is "Deviation USB"
if I'm connecting it to my pc it asks me to format the disk.. if i do so the Tx turns on but I can only see one line of the menu.

anything i'm missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2016 03:52 #43749 by darthnugget
Replied by darthnugget on topic Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5471-ho...with-deviation#43744

This is how I got my F12E to work and I have seen several posts that say the F7 is similar to load.

More
21 May 2016 02:59 - 22 May 2016 15:03 #48919 by pherder
Replied by pherder on topic Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware

YARIMbe wrote: anyone tried the new nightly build of the Devo F7?
I tried with no success ;/

the steps I took are as follow:
1.connecting the Tx to my PC with USB
2.switching it on to upgrade mode.
3.opening deviation uploader.
4.under Install/Upgrade I loaded the nightly zip file.
5.marked "V" on format and all the rest.
6.hit install button.
7.after i get the "copy complete" messege i turned on the Tx.
now all I get is "Deviation USB"
if I'm connecting it to my pc it asks me to format the disk.. if i do so the Tx turns on but I can only see one line of the menu.

anything i'm missing?

Disregard... I have a Devo 7 that isn't supported not the F7 that is. :blush:
Last edit: 22 May 2016 15:03 by pherder.

More
02 Jul 2016 16:01 #51257 by P0nyboy
Replied by P0nyboy on topic Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware
Hey guys I wanted to bring this thread back from the dead , has anyone gotten the f7 working ?? I have tried for a few days now to no avail... I am by no means good at this kind of stuff but the 64kb nmemory space gets me every time . has anyone gotten this to work ?

More
06 Jul 2016 19:28 #51368 by SteveA
Replied by SteveA on topic Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware
I have a Devo F7 that I'm hoping I can connect to a FrSky DR4-ii by installing a CC2500 and of course uploading the Deviation nightly... I have yet to attempt the Deviation uploading process, but I should be receiving my $10 CC2500 module any day now. I pieced together a little diagram to do the CC2500 install based upon a few different methods folks have listed on the net. If I have any luck or even if I don't i'll make sure to report back in here. I really like the Devo F7. It has the best overall feel, weight, and size of any transmitter imo, and after I did the SMA range mod I am using the video all the time it seems. I get clear video well over 2,000 feet away using my 3-turn helical on the F7 and a Spironet CP on my quad. It's so handy to have the video screen right in between the controls. I use it and my Fatsharks in equal measure for different applications.
Attachments:

More
09 Jul 2016 20:13 - 09 Jul 2016 21:15 #51488 by SteveA
Just following-up. I was not able to load Deviation software using my IBM laptop after several tries and reloading the drivers each time. However, using my Mac and following the Devo 10 procedures in the manual on the website I was very quickly and easily able to update my Devo F7 with the latest Deviation 5.0 nightly. I'm still waiting for my CC2500 to arrive, but I have my 60/40 rosin core, a pre-cut to length 6-wire harness with the ends tinned and ready, and 4 tinned and ready jumpers all set to go for when it arrives. I've also melted a hole and installed an RP-SMA connector for a 2.4G LP antenna 5dB gain. The connector has a high quality pigtail. Fiddling with Deviation a little I realized that I will have no idea what I'm doing as far as setting things up, so that's what I'm researching while I'm waiting for the CC2500. Anybody good with the software by chance and have any pointers on how to bind to a FrSky D4Rii Tx? Thanks!

Edit: I guess I need to curb my enthusiasm, because I am only in USB mode and have no configuration files downloaded/uploaded, what have you. Hmm
Last edit: 09 Jul 2016 21:15 by SteveA.

More
10 Jul 2016 02:19 #51496 by Jon.m.barter
Replied by Jon.m.barter on topic Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2364228#post30993119

The second video of the first post goes over a lot of general topics when setting up your radio and binding. The first post itself is a wealth of information.

Here is the link to the video I mentioned.

around the 27 minute mark I go over d4r-ii, Also, depending on what cc2500 you got, you may need to adjust it. In that case:

Courtesy of HappyHarry;

"best way is to adjust freq-fine in increments of 20 until it binds, write down the number it binds at. keep incrementing by 20 until it wont bind, write down that number, then set freq fine to the middle range of the 2 numbers. ie it first binds at +20 and stops binding again at +90, set freq-fine to +55"

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...18045&page=338

cheers.

More
11 Jul 2016 19:46 #51560 by P0nyboy
Replied by P0nyboy on topic Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware
Hey man how did you get it to work?? My computer states there is not enough space to bring the dev over? The mac let you reformat the drive ?

More
11 Jul 2016 20:08 - 11 Jul 2016 20:09 #51561 by SteveA
I didn't format the drive, I don't think it's possible on the Devo F7. But you don't need to anyway, because other than Deviation itself we are unable to upload anything via the USB uploader. We must do everything in the file manager (still attached with your USB cable) you just won't see what you would see on your F7. Doesn't matter anyway, you could just run the simulator and it will be the same.

By the way, I really appreciate all the help guys.
Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 20:09 by SteveA.

More
11 Jul 2016 21:09 - 12 Jul 2016 06:03 #51562 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware

P0nyboy wrote: Hey man how did you get it to work?? My computer states there is not enough space to bring the dev over? The mac let you reformat the drive ?

Take a look at the" Deviation for Devo F4 " thread, beginning at about post #45888 where PB provides some installer tools and other info that's relevant to the F7 as well as the F4. The "BuildFS" tool is the one we use to install and maintain the "devofs" file system on the F4. It is a command line tool that he's made available as .exe and Python versions. I use the Python version for my Mac. The devofs file is a package that contains all of the usual things you see on a Deviation-modified Devo controller, like .ini files, Media and Protocol folders, etc. So, if you want to add or remove things on the Devo, you do it using the BuildFs tool to extract the parts out of the devofs package or create a new devofs package. I suggest you continue reading thru that thread to get more information and see some of the problems some users had and their solutions.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 12 Jul 2016 06:03 by Arnold.

More
09 May 2017 19:00 #62198 by Baracuss
Replied by Baracuss on topic Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware
Has anyone managed to get anywhere on getting it running properly on F7?
I've followed every guide and installed 5.0.0 but all I get is a few menu options that do nothing.

More
12 Jun 2020 21:37 #76460 by Jhavent222
Replied by Jhavent222 on topic Devo F7 - DeviationTX firmware
Yes, I have. I used the Deviation Uploader and not dfuse. I also got 4.0.1. What I did was used deviation Uploader 9.0 and plugged in Devo f7 and held ext while powering on. This brings you to software update screen. Then I uploaded the version 4.0.1 to deviation Uploader and installed it in my remote. THIS IS NOT THE LAST STEP! Now you hold ent while powering on to bring you into USB mode. When you look at the Devo F7 drive there should be a file called Devo fs. What you need to do is delete that file from the drive. After doing this go back to the zip folder for 4.0.1 and copy the file devo Fs. Lastly go back to The Devo F7 drive and paste it in. Now you can unplug the remote and start using deviation. Good Luck

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds