DEVO F12E adding modules

More
14 Mar 2016 15:48 #44564 by Artus
DEVO F12E adding modules was created by Artus
I pan to add NRF & A7105 Module to my Devo F12E . Is here anyone who can give me an advice?
is it similar with the DEVO 10?

DEVO10 4in1 V5.0 DEVO F12E 4in1 V5
Align TREX 100 (3) Hubsan Q4
Walkera QRW100S Walkera QRX 350 Pro (FPV)
Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM
DIY 100 mm Micro QUAD - HGLRCF4F5PRO with INAV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2016 18:36 #44570 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic DEVO F12E adding modules
Might be closer to the 12 than the 10, but it's hard to say. The crucial difference will be whether the RF module is the same as those two (they use the same module), as that's the source for all the data signals (MISO, MOSI, SCK). The other signals come from the the in circuit programming interface on the mainboard, and that's the same for all the ARM cpus. So check to see if the CYRF module is the same, then find the ICP header pins: VCC/GND/TMS/TCK/Reset in a row. Then follow the instructions.

If you're having problems, post pictures of the motherboard here. Even if you don't, it'd be nice to have those pictures to add to the documentation.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
14 Mar 2016 21:02 #44574 by Artus
Replied by Artus on topic DEVO F12E adding modules
Thank you mwm for your answer. I will send picture.. The next question is use only one antenna for this modules. Do you think it's possible to solder all 3 TX outputs to one antenna .. I my DEVO 10 i use 3 but the F12E has no space and have enough antennas

Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM

More
14 Mar 2016 22:25 #44579 by mwm
I believe you need a little bit more smarts than simply soldering them together if you want to use just one antenna. The extra connections could well change the electrical properties of the antenna, causing problems - but I'm not an EE or an RF engineer, so can't say for sure, and wouldn't try it without consulting one. There are some expansion boards that do multiple RF modules with a shared antenna, but I believe they either use smarts that way, or a stand-alone PA module that the RF modules connect to. Unfortunately, they are either unfinished or still being tested by the community.

Personally, I like the antenna forest look of my 10, and drilling holes through the plastic isn't a problem. However the antenna are small enough to keep inside the transmitter case if you want to. You'll lose the ability to orient them for best range, and being closer to the electronics in the Tx may also reduce your range, but people haven't reported serious issues with that. You also lose the ability to replace the antenna with one with more gain or a better radiation pattern, which might be a bigger issue.

For my 6S (in the 7E form factor) I went with modules with PCB antennas to save space. IIUC, those have a more spherical radiation pattern than the typical quarter-wave antenna, which will mean orientation matters less, but it also means the maximum range is reduced. I use the 6S for flying indoors, so bought modules without a PA, which was probably a bigger issue as far as range is concerned.

More
15 Mar 2016 08:25 - 15 Mar 2016 09:02 #44586 by Artus
Thank you for your time to answer. I think all 3 moduls are sending at the same time and the output power can damage the TX of one of the moduls. Would be nice if the software was able to switch off the power of the unused modul.

I have tested the HUBSAN X107D video signal and the F12E receive properly.

Than I opened the TX and make 3 photos. The DATA signal are very small to solder and I think about making another cable. Hope I can find such a cable to build a new one and replace. VCC pin I haven't found. Is this the RESET ?

I will send the photos after reducing file size

Is there any list witch function is on with channel of a model or is everyone testing every channel to find out. For example V977 has 6 channels it need 4 .. And what the other 2. on the board of this model is a free connector .. Can I use this for example for LEDs and switch on and off.

This was only an example.. Here it's a list of supported Models maybe we can expand to channel function? It's only an idea

Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Mar 2016 09:02 by Artus.

More
15 Mar 2016 08:50 #44588 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic DEVO F12E adding modules
Module installation is same as DEVO 8S or DEVO 10, just wire it to correct pin.

Attachments:

More
15 Mar 2016 09:09 #44589 by Artus
Thanks dc59 for your help :) Ok - the NRF is working - Now the next step with the A7105 and then i can start my projekt. In my head t to have a similar solution like vroom .. with plugs (and play) For testing and preparing i can easy take this from my working devo10

Walkera QRX 350 PREMIUM

More
15 Mar 2016 15:09 #44603 by mwm
I don't solder the connections to my transmitter - I do everything with wire wrap.

For the connections to the CYRF module, I pull the module, wire wrap to it's pins, and then plug it back in. If I get to much wire on one of the pins, it will show up as a missing CYRF Module on boot, but that's easy to fix.

For the connections on the board, I pull the board and solder in a proper header I can then use wire wrap to connect to.

For the rf modules, I wire wrap to them and then use liquid electrical tape over the pins to help hold the connections in place.

More
16 Mar 2016 05:59 #44632 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic DEVO F12E adding modules
Thanks mwm. :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds