SBUS Receiver for Devo 10

More
13 Apr 2016 11:28 #46412 by Sondre
SBUS Receiver for Devo 10 was created by Sondre
I have a Devo 10 with deviation (but no extra modules).
I would like to buy a receiver for my 250 quadcopter. (I use CC3D as FC).
Which receiver should I get that works great with deviation? I have read that some orange/lemon receivers have problems with deviationTx (?)
Preferably one with SBUS.

I found this:
OrangeRx R820X V2

Do you know of a better/cheaper/lighter one? Or one that works better with deviation without costing too much?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2016 12:32 #46416 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic SBUS Receiver for Devo 10
AFAIK, the only choice is the most recent OrangeRx (x20X V2) Rx's. The older OrangeRx's had issues, with both deviation and Spektrum gear. The newer ones seem to be OK, though without quite the range of Spektrum gear. But right now, they're the only ones that have SBus that are at all usable.

The new FrSky X-series receivers seem to be a better choice, but the protocol isn't working properly on deviation yet - the latest version has been reported to have a noticeable lag on some Tx's. When that's done, that would be a better choice, though requires installing a CC2500 RF module.

Oh, one other choice that I don't know much about. There's a DIY version of the FrSky D-series protocols that does S.Bus. I believe you can find both the build instructions and software for the Rx on RC Groups, but haven't tried it myself.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
13 Apr 2016 12:47 #46417 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic SBUS Receiver for Devo 10
There are IMHO ~2-3 or was it 4/5 threads about several receivers, FCs and FBL/PPM :-)

Spektrum AR7700: www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=SPMAR7700

More
13 Apr 2016 17:06 #46435 by Sondre
Replied by Sondre on topic SBUS Receiver for Devo 10
Thank you for the answers!
I think I will go for the orange rx. I would prefer not to pay too much for a new rx.

More
14 Apr 2016 08:47 #46482 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic SBUS Receiver for Devo 10
This one seems also to work well with S-Bus and diversity, but again like Frsky, it need cc2500 module to be installed to operate the S-FHSS protocol.
S-FHSS, No telemetry though.

More
14 Apr 2016 12:40 #46489 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic SBUS Receiver for Devo 10
"This one"

Which one? :-)

More
14 Apr 2016 13:04 #46490 by Fernandez

More
15 Apr 2016 02:08 #46538 by mwm
I just saw that Spektrum had released the protocol specs for the AR7700 at spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/Remote%20R...facing%20Rev%20A.pdf It'll make the A7700 a good choice once we get some flight controllers that use that protocol. Of course, that's now the third serial protocol in use on spektrum receivers, which may turn some of the FC software developer off.

The S-FHSS receiver does look like an inexpensive option, but we only recently added S-FHSS support, so we don't have much experience with them yet. The lack of telemetry is a deal-breaker for me.

More
15 Apr 2016 05:34 #46544 by Fishfiend
Replied by Fishfiend on topic SBUS Receiver for Devo 10
I use this with an eznov neuron on a Trex 600n, I have a satellite attached, but i'm not sure it needs one..works great..getting the neuron to work..well that's another story. I'm using it with a devo 12s
www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.php?route=pr...th=72&product_id=138

More
19 Apr 2016 16:37 #46808 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic SBUS Receiver for Devo 10

mwm wrote: I just saw that Spektrum had released the protocol specs for the AR7700 at spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/Remote%20R...facing%20Rev%20A.pdf It'll make the A7700 a good choice once we get some flight controllers that use that protocol. Of course, that's now the third serial protocol in use on spektrum receivers, which may turn some of the FC software developer off.

The doc doesn't say it's specific for A7700 and they show a satellite as an example. Isn't it SBUS?.

More
20 Apr 2016 06:58 #46844 by mwm

hexfet wrote: The doc doesn't say it's specific for A7700 and they show a satellite as an example. Isn't it SBUS?.

No, it's not SBus. On taking a closer look, it's the "remote receiver" (aka satellite) protocol that people reverse engineered a while back. So some flight controllers already implement it.

It looks like Spektrum decided to release a satellite that could be bound like normal instead of like a remote in the A7700. This is much better than them doing yet another serial protocol, which is what I thought they did.

More
20 Apr 2016 11:26 #46858 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic SBUS Receiver for Devo 10

mwm wrote: [quote="hexfet" post=46808

.....cut...
It looks like Spektrum decided to release a satellite that could be bound like normal instead of like a remote in the A7700. This is much better than them doing yet another serial protocol, which is what I thought they did.

What about this one..?
www.banggood.com/Self-frequency-Satellit...-22MS-p-1049330.html

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds