Devo 10 power loss or fluctuation

More
22 Apr 2016 02:09 #46967 by Topher
Devo 10 power loss or fluctuation was created by Topher
I was flying my DLG today, great lift, great flight, when the transmitter beeped and vibrated like it might when the batteries are low, but nothing showed on the screen. It seemed like the battery voltage was fluctuating quite a bit, from about 10.4 down to 9.1 perhaps, over the course of seconds. Then I lost signal and my poor plane spiraled into the ground. When I looked at the screen, it was showing the splash screen. I just updated to the latest nightly last night. I am using NiMH AA batteries. They should have been virtually fully charged. Now, to top things off, when I just turned it on again, first the screen showed black with random white pixels, then, on turning it off and on again, just a white screen. I used a devo 7e for a couple of years and loved it but got the 10 to fly a bigger plane further. Anybody have any suggestions? Should I bite the bullet and move on to a taranis?

-Topher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2016 05:43 - 22 Apr 2016 05:44 #46972 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic Devo 10 power loss or fluctuation
Hello,
i had the same on an other Tx (Tgy x9 )

At DLG launch the rotating force separates the Batt at the Holder. I changed to a soldered Pack and all was ok.

greetings Alex
Last edit: 22 Apr 2016 05:44 by Alexandro.

More
22 Apr 2016 19:47 #46999 by Topher
Replied by Topher on topic Devo 10 power loss or fluctuation
Interesting idea, and I may explore that, but the power failure I experienced happened after I had been flying for about 4 minutes. The problem could be with the battery pack generally, but not from the moment of throw.

-Topher

More
23 Apr 2016 05:25 #47025 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic Devo 10 power loss or fluctuation
Ok , 4 min after the throw is a long time .

May be some schorts if there are more Modules inside.
I secure my soldered Wires with some Hot Glue at some points to prevent vibration on the long Wires.

Or 1 ore more Cells are bad and loosing Voltage, but this you can test on the Bench.

The last Thing is a bad Solder from Factory, but i thing it is < 5% Chance for it, i moded 5 Tx and none has a Problem

-> i use a Devo 10 with a Frsky Hack Modul, Frsky Display, Vspeak and have no problems with the Power.
Greetings Alex

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds