Question about disk drive in USB mode

More
06 May 2016 12:20 #47867 by lcc014
When Devo 7e in USB mode, a disk drive shows up in Windows. My question is that can we format this drive ?

I have issue with model1.ini under model folder. It could not be overwritten.

Also, in Layouts folder, I have 2 custom layout files. One for Devo and one for DSMx. However, only the Devo layout show up when I select model using WK2401 protocol. When I load model using DSMx protocol, DSMx layout does not show up. It only showed the default 4 channels layout.

Any suggestion about these issues ?

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2016 12:26 - 06 May 2016 12:27 #47869 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Question about disk drive in USB mode
Hello, if you're running DeviationTx you've already answered your own question. Do you remember the install? After flashing the DFU the next step was to format the drive. You can do this at any time however when you reload the file system MAKE SURE you're uploading the correct file system, dont cause a mismatch between file system and firmware. If you want to start over go ahead and grab a new version (devo 5.0 is here!) from the download page and start all fresh.

It sounds like you may have corrupted it by not ejecting the drive before unplugging from USB.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 06 May 2016 12:27 by Cereal_Killer.

More
06 May 2016 12:35 #47870 by lcc014
Replied by lcc014 on topic Question about disk drive in USB mode
Thank you for the prompt reply. I followed instruction in Youtube. After flashing 5.0 firmware, I deleted all folders/files in the drive, not formatted it. Then I copied all folders/files for 5.0 to the disk drive. Should I format it everytimes when I upgrade firmware ?

Thanks,

Ching-Ho Cheng

More
07 May 2016 16:04 - 07 May 2016 16:04 #47966 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Question about disk drive in USB mode
no you do not need to reformat in general. make sure that you unmount cleanly though (depending on your OS you can right-click and peess 'Unmount' or just wait 30-60 seconds after copying any files before unplugging the tx).
Last edit: 07 May 2016 16:04 by PhracturedBlue.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds