Moving the supported models list to the Wiki

More
07 Jun 2016 19:52 #50127 by FDR
Wouldn't that make sense to move the supported model list and the protocol list into the Wiki, where it would be more easy to maintain?
If you agree, I can do it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2016 20:12 #50128 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Moving the supported models list to the Wiki
yes except that the wiki does not really make it easy to manage large tables.You could do a small proof of concept and see how it turns out before committing to it.

More
07 Jun 2016 20:41 #50130 by FDR
So far I only converted the protocol list:
www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_protocols

I listed the names as new links for a protocol namespace pages, because I think it would be useful if we hadmore detailed info on those protocols once...

More
07 Jun 2016 20:43 #50131 by FDR
Maybe we should create a page for a list of manufacturers, and a page for each manufacturer with their models...

More
07 Jun 2016 20:52 #50132 by PhracturedBlue
I am wondering if we should use the auto-generation list like I do elsewhere. this would allow use to more easily sort the list.

I am not convinced of having the models spread across lots of pages. I think it makes it harder to search, or to do queries (today I can list all models using the DSM2 protocol, and that becomes impossible if I split by manufacturer). Really, I wanted a robust spreadsheet plugin for dokuwiki, and I didn't find one. There is sortablejs, which may be sufficient, but I haven't tested it.

More
07 Jun 2016 21:04 #50134 by PhracturedBlue

PhracturedBlue wrote: I am wondering if we should use the auto-generation list like I do elsewhere. this would allow use to more easily sort the list.

I am not convinced of having the models spread across lots of pages. I think it makes it harder to search, or to do queries (today I can list all models using the DSM2 protocol, and that becomes impossible if I split by manufacturer). Really, I wanted a robust spreadsheet plugin for dokuwiki, and I didn't find one. There is sortablejs, which may be sufficient, but I haven't tested it.

It looks like sortable + searchtable may provide a reasonable interface. I can install those and see how it works. that would probably be fine for the protocol list too

More
07 Jun 2016 21:12 - 07 Jun 2016 21:13 #50135 by PhracturedBlue

PhracturedBlue wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: I am wondering if we should use the auto-generation list like I do elsewhere. this would allow use to more easily sort the list.

It looks like sortable + searchtable may provide a reasonable interface. I can install those and see how it works. that would probably be fine for the protocol list too

I added them to the protocol list. I don't love the searchtable view, and the columns need to be wider to make the arrows not wrap, but I think it would work fine. If you want to try out the protocols with this, I'm game.
Last edit: 07 Jun 2016 21:13 by PhracturedBlue.

More
07 Jun 2016 21:18 #50139 by FDR
Not bad at all!
The header is not nice, but I will take a look if I can render it better with some CSS...

However it doesn't solve the burdain of editing huge tables, it just won't necessary need to be properly ordered...

More
07 Jun 2016 22:54 #50151 by PhracturedBlue
i agree, it isn't ideal, but in reality, how often do we edit the tables? if we can keep the line length reasonable, we mostly just append to the end. which isn't that horrible

More
09 Jun 2016 19:52 #50266 by FDR
I've made the supported model list:
www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_models

I had to convert the date format to be sortable...

More
09 Jun 2016 20:43 - 09 Jun 2016 21:02 #50268 by FDR
The supported protocol list was outdated too, so I refreshed according to how they are in the TX:
www.deviationtx.com/wiki/supported_protocols
Last edit: 09 Jun 2016 21:02 by FDR. Reason: typo

More
09 Jun 2016 20:57 #50272 by PhracturedBlue
Thanks FDR.
I think this is reasonable. Does anyone have any concerns about making this the official list and getting rid of the google-docs list?

More
09 Jun 2016 22:50 - 09 Jun 2016 22:51 #50284 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Moving the supported models list to the Wiki
it looks good to me fwiw, perhaps instead of deleting the google doc edit the contents to contain just a link to the wiki page, as a lot of external sites link to the google docs page, so a link to the wiki might be useful there instead of just deleting it?
Last edit: 09 Jun 2016 22:51 by HappyHarry.

More
10 Jun 2016 04:59 #50309 by FDR
I've resolved the ugly header simply by adding a new line after each header text, so the ordering arrows will be always in the second line.
Do you find it acceptable?

More
10 Jun 2016 05:09 #50311 by PhracturedBlue
I think it is ok. I can probably force the header to not wrap which would put the whole header on one line, but I don't hink it is important for now. I see no reason not to link the new page from the sidebar now. Harry is probably right that we should redirect the google doc to the new page as well

More
10 Jun 2016 06:02 #50313 by FDR
Don't force it to one line, because we are short of space horizontally anyway...

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds