Setting up a unusual mix..

More
12 Jun 2016 05:07 #50449 by magic_marty
Setting up a unusual mix.. was created by magic_marty
See if i can describe what i am trying to do...I fly mode 3 with throttle and rudder on right stick and elevator and aileron on left stick...I recently built a foam plane from plans i downloaded from flite test called "Bloody Wonder". It uses only 3 ch's ...Thr..Ail..and elevator...When it comes to planes i am more used to using the rudder when i am making a landing then ailerons but with this plane no rudder is available so what i did was mix the rudder to the aileron ch using 6 mix pages so i could also get low med and high rates on both sticks...It works but has a weird thing about it when i apply for example full left aileron using i get the throws i set to but if i then give left rudder the throws increase it is like with both sticks pushed the same direction it doubles the scale ...and if both sticks are pushed opposite directions they cancel each other out and the ailerons stay centered...What i would like to be able to do if it is possible is get it the were the stick just mimic each other so if i have half left on aileron and move the rudder to half left instead of it increasing the travel it would do nothing until it went past the point were the aileron stick is and vise versa ...Not sure if a Y-harness would be a simple solution or not cause i don't have one but thinking about making one and giving it a try...But would like to know if this is something that could be done with mixing...

Thanks all...
<Marty>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2016 06:58 #50451 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Setting up a unusual mix..
Hi Magic,

Not fully the same as this one is, mode 2 and is for SIG wonder, it has 3 step dual rates for ele and ail on both the 2 3 way switches. It has throttle off, on left switch. I use it with SIG wonder.

My Sig wonder is very sensitive to ele and ail, only small rudders needed, first flights were bit of scary, to get it trimmed, it wanted to invert and go up heavily.
Attachments:

More
12 Jun 2016 07:08 #50453 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Setting up a unusual mix..
Thanks for the file i will give it a shot and perhaps with a little tweaking get it working...

More
12 Jun 2016 08:05 #50458 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Setting up a unusual mix..
I posted exactly what your looking for just the other day here >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...lg-programming#50372

More
12 Jun 2016 10:08 #50462 by magic_marty
I figured it out ,it was the scale on the ch settings page...i scaled the rudder to 0 and set the high limit on the aileron to 65 which is what my high rate is and now it works a lot better..when giving left aileron and then left rudder the control surfaces only increase when the rudder stick passes the position of the aileron stick and only go to the max setting of 65..

More
12 Jun 2016 10:13 #50463 by magic_marty

HappyHarry wrote: I posted exactly what your looking for just the other day here >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...lg-programming#50372

I only have one servo on the ailerons to save weight , i have used a similar setup on a previous plane and it worked well...
Thanks for your input...

More
12 Jun 2016 13:04 #50469 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Setting up a unusual mix..
Also the default trim steps for me are a bit of small, especially for a new model maiden flight, you want to be able to roughly dial it in quickly with few clicks. So I always increase trim step.

More
12 Jun 2016 14:26 #50473 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Setting up a unusual mix..

magic_marty wrote:

HappyHarry wrote: I posted exactly what your looking for just the other day here >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...lg-programming#50372

I only have one servo on the ailerons to save weight , i have used a similar setup on a previous plane and it worked well...
Thanks for your input...

sorry this reply ended up in the wrong post lol, too many tabs open

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds